suggestions for lighting both a person and a Christmas Tree?

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in People
Happy Thanksgiving dgrinners! Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on lighting a Christmas tree so that it maintains it's ambiance while also exposing correctly for a person next to it? This will be done on a black background with a 3x4 softbox and rigid reflector. I also have a kicker strip light to use for hair. Any ideas? Tried for 15mins yesterday until the little 4 year old had had enough! Never did get it right....
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Happy Thanksgiving dgrinners! Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on lighting a Christmas tree so that it maintains it's ambiance while also exposing correctly for a person next to it? This will be done on a black background with a 3x4 softbox and rigid reflector. I also have a kicker strip light to use for hair. Any ideas? Tried for 15mins yesterday until the little 4 year old had had enough! Never did get it right....

Hey Sandy, Gel the light you are going to use for the christmas tree and the main lights to Tungsten filters. WB to Tungsten and you should be golden. I recommend your sexy giant softbox for the main. ;-) Can't wait to see them.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Hi Sandy! Andrew suggested I share my settings with you.

This is what I did, don't know if it helps!

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=151887