Portland, OR - Autumn Shots 2009

moontanmoontan Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited November 27, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi Folks:

I just found out about DGRIN the other day from one of my friends (aka, Shades), and this is my first thread. In reading through many of the exchanges that are posted throughout this site, I suspect that I'll gain a considerable amount of knowledge from you all. I welcome any feedback you have on the photos I post, and I invite you to be as honest as possible in your critiques; you won't hurt my feelings.

With that preamble stated, please take a look at a few photos I took in the downtown Portland area recently and let me know what you think. Thanks!

706050039_cJnYf-L.jpg

706429967_g27N2-L.jpg

706050165_dnJot-L.jpg
Bob Streicher
Hillsboro, OR

http://moonlighting.smugmug.com

Comments

• Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    Welcome aboard.

I really like the second one.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin! I have learned so much since joining, and I am sure you will as well.

I like the first one because of what I see as a juxtaposition of the church's serenity in the middle of a bustling city. It's the colorful trees that really do it for me. There are lots of shots of churches in cities, but this one stands out, IMO, because the trees give the church an independence from the rest of the city. I hope that makes sense.

The second one is nice for the colors and the moon, and the last is a beautiful setting for Mr Lincoln--it makes him seem quiet and thoughtful.

Hope to see more of your work soon!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com