35mm 1.8 vs 50mm 1.8

OzzwaldOzzwald Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited November 28, 2009 in Cameras
Christmas is right around the corner, so i started my Christmas list and came upon a dilemma...

So first of all, not really sure what the specific type of shooting i'll use either lens for. guess kind of just a nice do it all walk around, like a point and shoot almost.

I am basically torn between the two...i could purchase both, not to expensive...but would like to save some money. I was wondering which one you guys prefer, would like to hear from the people who own both. Is it worth getting both?

I know a lot of people refer to the 50mm as the nifity fifty, but after looking around started seeing people who used their 35mm as much as a fifty. I have used a fifty and like the fast aperture, but would just like some thought on the 35 as i have never used it before.

-P.S. also just another thing i was wondering, when do camera companyies such as nikon usually release/press release their new lens line ups?

*EDIT*searched this topic...didn't know the other thread was recent, sorry for double post.
Failed to load the poll.