Options

"Masters of Wedding Photography" DVD

WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
edited February 6, 2010 in Weddings
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">After discovering the trailer for the "Masters of Wedding Photography" DVD on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXiXCsRGlM and watching it about 30 times in 6 months time, I found the DVD on eBay and bought both the first one and the sequel together. (the DVD's combined feature the likes of Yervant, Jerry Ghonis, Joe Buissink, and several others, each in their own section)

Now, I've been watching these DVD's nonstop for a week. Although it's a huge inspiration for me, I wish there were more technical and practical teachings on there. Just being able to watch these masters at work, and take in their words and actions, I've learned a LOT. Also, as I said, I've been inspired a lot.

I'd like to have heard more about what camera settings they use on various shots(although they do mention SOME of that), and I'd like to have seen just a tad bit of their post work technique. (maybe it's ancient Chinese secret)

Anyway--Overall, I am thrilled with my purchase, even with my yearnings for more logistical and practical advice.

Soooooooooo......Does anyone else have these DVD's and want to chime in with your take on the product?

If this subject has been covered, sorry. I tried searching, but no results.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
My Weddings WebsiteBlog

Comments

• Options
    innershellinnershell Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Weisel wrote:
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">After discovering the trailer for the "Masters of Wedding Photography" DVD on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXiXCsRGlM and watching it about 30 times in 6 months time, I found the DVD on eBay and bought both the first one and the sequel together. (the DVD's combined feature the likes of Yervant, Jerry Ghonis, Joe Buissink, and several others, each in their own section)

Now, I've been watching these DVD's nonstop for a week. Although it's a huge inspiration for me, I wish there were more technical and practical teachings on there. Just being able to watch these masters at work, and take in their words and actions, I've learned a LOT. Also, as I said, I've been inspired a lot.

I'd like to have heard more about what camera settings they use on various shots(although they do mention SOME of that), and I'd like to have seen just a tad bit of their post work technique. (maybe it's ancient Chinese secret)

Anyway--Overall, I am thrilled with my purchase, even with my yearnings for more logistical and practical advice.

Soooooooooo......Does anyone else have these DVD's and want to chime in with your take on the product?

If this subject has been covered, sorry. I tried searching, but no results.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

Would you care to share how much you paid for said product on eBay?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    innershell wrote:
    Would you care to share how much you paid for said product on eBay?

And link to the ebay seller or you exact ebay search????
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The sellers name on ebay is nanavolski1234

I haven't looked to see if he has any more of the DVD's. I managed to win the item for $81, and I think it was so low because the auction ended in the morning, and the other bidders who were in the bidding war were still asleep. I was the only bidder in the morning. Lucky me.

I got both DVD's for just $81. That's a HUGE discount compared to what they sell for. A lot of the footage was shot in Australia, mostly in Sydney and Melbourn. What's cool is that I was just there in both cities for a bit of time this past year. Got some great photos out of it too. I even snuck a shot of a wedding as I walked by the Sydney Harbor bridge. Now I'm back in Nashville, TN.

Anyway--I highly recommend the DVD's for anyone who wants inspiration from the best. Just watching these guys work is a huge learning experience. I guess the technical things I was hoping to hear are just basic photography anyway.

Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    devonweddingphotographerdevonweddingphotographer Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited February 4, 2010
    I know that Jeff Ascough and a few other photographers do seminars and offer training (as do we for those interested and in the UK).

There are some great books out as well that give good tips and techniques.
  • Options
    nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Or you can google 'masters of wedding photography torrent' and download it... hmmm
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Or you can google 'masters of wedding photography torrent' and download it... hmmm

:thwak
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010

isn't that the same as stealing????
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    nickeverettnickeverett Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Ok, so tone of voice doesn't come across very well in text. I work as a camera assistant in TV, so downloading would be stealing from my own pocket.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Ok, so tone of voice doesn't come across very well in text.

The "hmmm" clued me in, but an emoticon would cinch it :D
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    I purchased Paul Thompson's Complete Guide to Wedding Photography through Jerry Day's website. This video covers everything, and takes you on a wedding shoot. This video costs $29.98 + shipping & handling, and I think it is well worth the price. There are 12 chapters to this video and they are as follows:

1. Customer Relations 2. Pre-Ceremony Photographs 3. Altar Photographs
    4. Spontaneous Photographs 5. Ceremony Photographs 6. Post-Ceremony Photographs
    7. Reception Photographs 8. Lighting 9. Posing the Bride & Groom
    10. Outdoor Romantic Photographs 11. Wedding Day Tour 12. Forms & Contracts
    Total running time is 40 minutes.

Those who don't do weddings, but just starting out in portraits, would benefit from Paul's tips on posing.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams