A Little Monochrome Never Hurt

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited November 28, 2009 in People
I've had these photos for a while, but as I prepare to go home from my deployment I've been getting my nose deep into photography once again, and I took a second look. At first glance they were pretty "meh", but after a little trimming and tweaking, I really like the way they look.

C&C very welcome :).

725886010_64kPS-XL.jpg

725895809_QUTYt-XL.jpg

725895506_knDTu-XL.jpg

Not as big of a fan of this one, but it's one of the better shots from what ended up being a snapshot fest in this nature park.

725885384_Xqhcq-XL.jpg

I probably would have had much better opportunities had I brought along my 18-55 kit lens, but I stuck with my 50 f/1.8, and it caused me a headache at a few points.

Here are a few that are nearly a year old, and I just haven't had any good C&C on them. They are among my favorite shots, taken at the terminal prior to getting on the plane for Iraq.

519165255_LzJj9-XL.jpg

519165239_qkCxc-XL.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    Of the three on the rock, I like the first one best. That rock looks like a giant tortoise shell....

I like the 4th one. Yeah the sun is harsh, but it falls off pretty evenly without any short of on/off transitions you get with dappled sun. Still plenty of detail to her face.

The last one is WOW....
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:

The last one is WOW....

Haha, WOW good or WOW BADDDD?

Also, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by on/off transitions exactly?
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    Haha, WOW good or WOW BADDDD?

Also, thanks for the reply. What do you mean by on/off transitions exactly?

WOW good.

on/off (sorry bad choice of terms), blotchy sunlight. The light doesn't go light/dark/light/dark across the face like it would if she were mostly in shadow and a beam of light hit her mid-face leaving both sides dark.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    WOW good.

on/off (sorry bad choice of terms), blotchy sunlight. The light doesn't go light/dark/light/dark across the face like it would if she were mostly in shadow and a beam of light hit her mid-face leaving both sides dark.

I see! I appreciate the elaboration, and compliments.

I've noticed some people have copyrights on all their pictures. How does one go about doing that without it being obnoxious? Is there a tool in PS? (I only have CS3).