Options

Now for something completely different...

David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in Sports
I love to shoot Dance, this weekend I got to shoot my youngest Daughter at a local Dance competition. Here are a few of my favorites.. C&C are appreciated..

725624557_9iZ3E-L-1.jpg

725636298_6eTmU-L-1.jpg

725637438_KvLAp-L-1.jpg

725633271_cxmkX-L-1.jpg

725649195_uAPmd-L-1.jpg

725607170_zcyEb-L-1.jpg

Number 6 I posted because until I saw it I could not figure out why my meter was going nuts while shooting. It never varies that much shooting dance whenever I do that. If you notice the stars on the grey curtain on the back, they are shot from the front of the stage and that is why part of her face is so off on sections. The skin tone does not look right and it is correct because of the stars are on her, it affected the costume as well. Yes the costume is that pink in real life..

Comments

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2009
    #5 very well done. I suspect the lighting, timing and focus are tough here. We all whine about HS football lights - this moves as fast and with even lower light levels.

Well Done.

Z

PS: Cute girl as well, your daughter?
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    Rocketman766Rocketman766 Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Very nice shots here, cute girl too. Did you crop all your shots or are they just framed really well from the start? (noobie eyes here). These look great. If the lighting is as bad as the indoor cheer events I shoot, you did a great job here. (that sounds bad... you did a great job no matter what!)
  • Options
    cr8ingwavescr8ingwaves Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Great shots for sure!

and your little dancer is beautiful. She looks like she is really enjoying her time on stage.
  • Options
    goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    All shots are good, #5 is excellent! Great capture. thumb.gif
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Thanks everyone, the lights weren't that bad at all.. I shot 1/800-1000 ISO2000 2.8 on my Canon 50D with a 70-200 2.8L I also shot RAW since I was only shooting my daughter that day. I made sure to shoot these really tight but allowed my self a good margin for error on leaps and stuff. I was in the back of the audience on a platform, the biggest problem with the lights was the star thing showing up on her face on some parts of the stage.
  • Options
    rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Very nice job. I have tried to shoot my daughter way back in film days and know that is not that easy. You did very well given the lighting and movement. She is precious and looks like she was really into her number.

Love #5!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Options
    time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Very nice set, even #6.
    #5 a great capture for a proud Dad
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com