ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited July 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
7/18/2005

Summer Blues

28922190-L.jpg

Summer Cool:

28922173-L.jpg

28973111-L.jpg

I forgot about the bus shot, when I put them up last night. I like the colors in it and the top one best. I do like the second one, too.

comments????? more?
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Hey Ginger.... I really like both...the first one is an awsome reflection..but I think the second is more focused on the actual curves, with some cool framing to add!
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Ginger, these are very nice shots, but I think your egret entry is he best.
  • Blue SnapshotsBlue Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    I'm a big fan of water reflections
    So I'm leaning toward "Summer Blues". The curves in that photo are flowing with the reflections defining the image. "Summer Cool" is kewl but the curves are washed out literally and figuratively by the water spray.

You have a tough decision. Not sure if my 1 1/2 cents worth helped.
    ne_nau.gif

Dan
    My Smugmug Snaps

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Sandy wrote:
    Ginger, these are very nice shots, but I think your egret entry is he best.
    Thanks, Sandy, but which Egret entry???

I got absolutely just about no response to that entry, those entries, the thread?
    Until I begged. Then I got one positive and one negative.

My thought was that I won with an egret, so egrets were kind of "done" by me for awhile.

I like the first one of these, a whole lot, my favorite.

OK, it is getting to the point, I could not choose myself. If I were to choose, it would be between the two egrets standing for all the world like they own the world of fashionable curves (humor, I like humor), or the reflection in Blue with the boy at the top, it is soooooo summmer and I love summer.

Then I do like that bus reflection, mostly because I like the colors of the bus, so that I could use again, for something else.

So that would put it between the egrets and the Blue Summer (multiple curves in there, the "pool" thing is curved, everything is curved, then the sky is reflected) and the egrets w humor. Those would be my choices.

But the second egret is beautiful, etc...........

And I am getting no feedback. I gave as much as I can give today for feedback. I have two dr appts.......hours apart. I won't be here to reciprocate feedback. But I did try to give some, so as to get some. I now have two very diff photos that I love, and have had little feedback on.

Aero, he did try to help. I guess he really did, as when he picked the other photo, it solidified my choice in the two in the waterfront park "pool". It is really for looks, but the kids love it.

Please, comment. I have thanked Virginia for her comment on the egrets. I have tried to comment. Now I have to get dressed and leave.

ginger (Thanks, Sandy and Aero, I really appreciate your comments. I have gotten myself in a bind here.)
    edited July 19, 2005
    Thanks, Dan! Your thinking is along the lines of my thinking.

I hate to leave the egrets behind, it is such a good shot, IMO. Not of egrets, of humor, it could be used in an ad for fashion. Lots of things, but I am not sure it would be universally liked here, so it is dicey. But I don't really know.

And Blue Summer, I would never get that or the egret shot again. That usually tips it for me. Something alive that I can't control. Things I can retake, and I figure I will put them in my mind for something else.

But now I have two "live" shots. I didn't even know the boy was in there, I love that he is. I took two of those shots, he is not in the other one. So I picked this one. My photo role is often in the editing, I say that so often.

Now it is in the choosing...............I can edit, but choose??? That is harder.

ginger
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Ok Ginger, my 2nd choice would be #1 if you are truly done with egrets. I looked at the photo sideways (CCW) which gives it a different perspective.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Ginger,
    I think your egret shot is the best by far. The reflection is kind of nice in #1, but the picture seems dull and faded. Maybe some curves would help, but the bold line of the edge of the pool or whatever is cut off. I think it needs the whole line.
    #2 has good curves, but they are lost in the splashes.
    The bus has cool colors and is a good shot, but not curves.

The egrets are great. It's possible that it would benefit from a slight crop to emphasize the birds. I tried a vignet with blur and desaturation and that looked good to me. But, this is all subjective. It's a very fine photograph.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Ginger I think you should stay with the egrets. It really stands out ast teh majority of the other photos because it is of a living thing, most of the other entrys are static structures. It makes your shot unique.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • amunsieamunsie Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2005
    I like #1.

You've got the curves, yet you have a secondary picture with the reflections. It really piques my interest.

But hey, I prefer the more abstract anyway...
    Macs Rule, Wintels drool

www.photograpbybywoodrock.com
  • dimmdimm Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2005
    Hi, Ginger.
    I like the first. There is connection between curves and remarkable reflections! :):
    edited July 20, 2005
    Thanks, Sandy, Snappy, Glu, Amunsie and Dimm.............

I guess I will give it a day. The egrets are still up.

When people say stay with the egrets, well, I have several versions of egrets. The one that is up is a less cropped version of a vertical. So I am just leaving it, but if you prefer the egrets, please say which "egret" shot you are talking about.

Amunsie, I like abstract, too. I love abstract, actually. I also prefer old fashioned. My tastes are so eclectic, I confuse myself.

However, I don't think abstract taste is as universal as sentiment. The problem is I don't have sentiment. I have a kind of bizarre humor.
    I see those birds as on their way to a society event, or shopping at an exclusive store: with their curves.

I would like to go relax with the birds today, but I do have a doctor's appt this afternoon for ca thing on my face. When I go "to the birds", or any photo thing, I am whipped when I get home. I don't think I can do any photography today. It is supposed to get very hot this afternoon.

Rambling again, going to make coffee. Thanks everyone.

ginger