Options

Elements with NX?

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in Finishing School
Costco has a sale for PS Elements 8 @ fifty bucks! Currently I only use Capture NX and find it fits all my needs (so far) for RAW and ‘fixing’ photos. Would Elements allow me to have a little more fun with the photos like blending and layering photos, creating cards, etc. … or is Elements too similar to NX?

Comments

• Options
    MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    I was considering PSE as well. I currently use LR2 and NX2. I was looking to add PSE with the Nik Complete software collection. However, I'll trying to verify if the Nik Collection will work with PSE or just PS.

I'm curious what others will recommend.
  • Options
    TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Costco has a sale for PS Elements 8 @ fifty bucks! Currently I only use Capture NX and find it fits all my needs (so far) for RAW and ‘fixing’ photos. Would Elements allow me to have a little more fun with the photos like blending and layering photos, creating cards, etc. … or is Elements too similar to NX?

yes, Elements is great for creating things like cards, dvd labels and jackets, slideshows, and just about anything you could think of. Very user friendly compared to CS4 (I have LR2, PSE 7, and CS4 and use PSE for a lot of things that I haven't quite figured out yet in CS4). I haven't tried the NIK software in PSE though.