"Couple" of friends..(photo heavy)

Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited November 30, 2009 in People
I shot these while I was home from college on Thanksgiving Break. They saw some of my other couple portraits and wanted to get theirs done. These are the first few I have edited.

726883224_ixdmj-XL-1.jpg

726884984_ZtmXs-XL-1.jpg

726886145_UpAky-XL-1.jpg

726836074_HEw5n-XL-1.jpg

726839552_UDyfb-XL-1.jpg

726840218_a2dDv-XL-1.jpg
All C&C is appreciated.

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    1. Her shirt is a little blown out, seems like it might be the sun. Cool composition though.

2. Again, the white shirt is really bright. Also, what is the line running diagonally through the shot over his left shoulder? Flare? Sun glare?

3. I almost would have liked to see a little tighter crop on this one or if in the original you could have left her feet intact.

5. I really like this one, even though it's a little wide for my taste. A little blow out spot on the farthest right window but this is minor IMO.

Last question: Is her shirt faded and is that what's creating the illusion that the center of all of the shots where she's facing the camera are blown out? It's interesting and I'm, thinking this must be the case.

Nice series regardless....just a bit bright overall for my taste. thumb.gif
  • Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    Her sweatshirt is faded in the middle. I edited these on my macbook, I will check them on my imac when I get home. Thanks for the C&C.
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    One other thing, in the last one...too bad her foot got chopped...this is a cool shot.
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    I don't mind the foot being chopped a bit so I LOVE the last one :) I always thing these types of shots turn out pretty well!

Love your style!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2009
    BriShay wrote:
    I don't mind the foot being chopped a bit so I LOVE the last one :) I always thing these types of shots turn out pretty well!

Love your style!

I really like 3 and 6. With 5 I would go with a tighter crop. Two is good as well. I guess among pictures like 3 and 6, 1 and 2 naturally stand out less because they don't seem as original. Great shots overall though!
  • 1downfall1downfall Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    although slightly blown out in a few highlight areas, I really like #1.