Kudos to Smug and Bay Photo - Metal Prints & Thin Wraps rock!

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
edited December 11, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I ordered a Metal Print and a Thin Wrap, both as 8x12s. The package arrived (at my office) while I was away - and of course I had to open it as soon as our mailroom opened this morning. All I can say is wow! These are both awesome. It's so nice to have the ability to order something that is excellent quality and ready to hang.

For those who are curious...

This sea gull was done as a Thin Wrap:
442987058_bKtDe-M.jpg
And this landscape (OK, OK, sort of an icescape) was ordered as a Metal Print:
444487368_r4cqB-M.jpg
Thanks so much!

--- Denise

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    clap.gif so glad you like them!
  • JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Can you post pictures of your prints?? I cant wait to order a metel print!

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Great shots, Denise--looks like they fit your choice of metal and thin wraps quite well. I am about to order some myself and can't wait to see how they look.

Good stuff, SmugMug and BayPhoto! :D
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • TamerlinTamerlin Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    The metal prints definitely look gorgeous!

They're apparently WAY behind on orders though; I ordered 4 prints last Wednesday that I need to deliver this Saturday, and they haven't shipped yet... I was hoping 10 days was enough of a margin since the turnaround is supposed to be a day, but I'm starting to worry. ne_nau.gif
    edited December 9, 2009
    BTW, an update (already) -- I contacted Smug asking about the delay, and they replied more quickly than usual (within 20 minutes)... they asked the lab to move my order up in the queue and are also giving me a complimentary shipping upgrade.

I have a feeling that there are a lot orders in the queue, and I suspect that when you see the metal prints in person, you'll understand why. Pictures of them won't do them justice. I can't wait to see some of my large-format images printed big... hopefully someday we'll be able to get 40x50 metal prints printed at full 100+ megapixel resolution and in 16-bit color...

(Found a local shop with a drum scanner....)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I just received my first "metal print" and it was surprisingly great. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Way better than fotoflots.
  • dirtbikejunkiedirtbikejunkie Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    hmm... I am about to order some metal prints but needs them by xmas? if they are that backed up should I cancel?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    hmm... I am about to order some metal prints but needs them by xmas? if they are that backed up should I cancel?
    GO and order, they'll ship in time.
    edited December 11, 2009
    UPS says that the prints that I needed to get today have indeed been delivered.

Woohoo! I can't wait to see them... just in time to donate them. :s85