Radio Flyer -Take 2

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited November 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Some of you will know why I call this "Take 2"--
In case you are wondering, here is the original post--http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=143702

To make a long story short--my first attempt was awful and I was kindly told so. I got some tips from you nice folks on how to try and improve the shots. So here is my second attempt. Notice I still can't shy away from the processing--I like it too much. I tried to take all the advise into consideration.

1.The details
725754785_P8KE5-XL-1.jpg

2. "Getting down to bugs level" AND shot with lensbaby--learned from the car folks on this forum how to shoot partial details only.
725755019_gEYkH-XL-1.jpg

3. Shameless pandering to the "Rusty folks" :)
725754569_SaznL-XL-1.jpg

4.Faster than the speed of light--action shot.
727239472_RJv3L-XL.jpg

5. I call this one (as per Randy's suggestion that I shoot the Radio Flyer in unexpected places)--"The Tramp In Bed With My Husband", how could they?!
725784912_jCica-XL-1.jpg

6. After being caught in the uncompromising position the Radio Flyer took matters into her own hands--Good Riddance. (note my use of b&w)

725753780_ywyjW-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif That dang tramp -- out the window she goes thumb.gif

Liz I love these -- they are all good in my opinion. Each has its own story, but your last two are a hoot rolleyes1.gif

You did a good job in your processing and your eye for detail and focusing on a particular subject within your photo was wonderful. I like how the photo of your hubby with the the tramp is blurred. Looks like it's shot through tear filled eyes thumb.gif
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif That dang tramp -- out the window she goes thumb.gif

Liz I love these -- they are all good in my opinion. Each has its own story, but your last two are a hoot rolleyes1.gif

You did a good job in your processing and your eye for detail and focusing on a particular subject within your photo was wonderful. I like how the photo of your hubby with the the tramp is blurred. Looks like it's shot through tear filled eyes thumb.gif

hee hee, I'm so glad you enjoyed these!
    And you like my processing!

I know I don't have "the skills" just yet and they are developing still--so I made up for it with humor:)

The reason I did the "cinema" style on the one with Michael (my husband) is because it reminded me of a scene out of a bad movie. How can I compete with a Radio Flyer and what does she have that I don't?mwink.gif

Thanks for looking and commenting--I was starting to worry it would be relegated to "no comments back" hell.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Yikes!!! Michael was caught with his hand on one of her headlights :wow :lol4

I think the first image is the clear winner here thumb.gif Very nicely done!

I like the first three, although I must admit I don't get #4. 5&6 are just too funny!

Thanks for sticking it out with this project, and posting your second take. I think this little project has probably helped you develop some personal insights for making nice shots from a difficult subject. clap.gif
    Randy
    edited November 30, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Yikes!!! Michael was caught with his hand on one of her headlights :wow :lol4

I think the first image is the clear winner here thumb.gif Very nicely done!

I like the first three, although I must admit I don't get #4. 5&6 are just too funny!

Thanks for sticking it out with this project, and posting your second take. I think this little project has probably helped you develop some personal insights for making nice shots from a difficult subject. clap.gif

ha! I laugh because of your "hands on her headlights comment"rolleyes1.gif --especially since I asked "what does she have that I don't?:D .

It really was way more difficult than I thought it would be--to try and make it interesting--so this was good practice for sure---I did pretty much think though that for this forum and as far as good shots go, #1 was going to be the winner--so glad I at least nailed that one.

Thanks for looking and commenting Randy.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Hey Liz,

I've got to applaud you for this work. It shows a real willingness to explore and a knack for creativity. I like ALL the shots. Your PP work is great. I'm so excited to see your growth as a photographer.

Michael needs a pat on the back for his contribution as well. OH, and one other little point: those of us so afflicted are called " Rust Junkies". :D:D

Great work, take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited November 30, 2009
    Hey Liz,

I've got to applaud you for this work. It shows a real willingness to explore and a knack for creativity. I like ALL the shots. Your PP work is great. I'm so excited to see your growth as a photographer.

Michael needs a pat on the back for his contribution as well. OH, and one other little point: those of us so afflicted are called " Rust Junkies". :D:D

Great work, take care,

Tom

Tom,
    :) Rust Junkies--got it, my mistake:D .

Thanks for commenting---Very glad that you like my entire post.
    Although it was fun, especially when I went with the crazy ideas, it wasn't easy. So glad it worked out.

BTW, I showed Michael the post and he took issue with my sequence of shots---"why is she um I mean it jumping out the window after being in bed with me?"---rolleyes1.gif .

I figured I should involve him with my "photography obsession"--makes things go smoothlymwink.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    BTW, I showed Michael the post and he took issue with my sequence of shots---"why is she um I mean it jumping out the window after being in bed with me?"---rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I involve mine -- it does make things goooo much more smoothly thumb.gif He now understands that when I take off before sunrise and I don't return till way after sunset that I am taking photos and not avoiding him rolleyes1.gif
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    HI Liz....

Cool series..
    My favorites were the bell and the little one going faster than the speed of light.... Liked the composition and PP on both......

When I saw 5 the first thing that came to mind was ... I wounder if he rung her bell.........

As for 6 .... If I got caught in bed with another woman by my wife with a camera, I would be going out the window with her.....:D azzaro
    edited November 30, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I involve mine -- it does make things goooo much more smoothly thumb.gif He now understands that when I take off before sunrise and I don't return till way after sunset that I am taking photos and not avoiding him rolleyes1.gif

It is great they understand---makes things easier for me plus sometimes I need to make a fast run to get a shot of something specific and it's not always lightining fast to take the kids with me. It all works out.

I think many of us must have understanding partners.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited November 30, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    HI Liz....

Cool series..
    My favorites were the bell and the little one going faster than the speed of light.... Liked the composition and PP on both......

When I saw 5 the first thing that came to mind was ... I wounder if he rung her bell.........

As for 6 .... If I got caught in bed with another woman by my wife with a camera, I would be going out the window with her.....:D azzaro

Azzarorolleyes1.gif I'm sharing this thread with my husband as it develops--and I just read him yours--he wants you to know that he is a mailman and the postman always rings twice:D .

Glad you liked the bell shot---I liked the framing but I think I could rework the PP a smidge.

Thank you for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Azzarorolleyes1.gif I'm sharing this thread with my husband as it develops--and I just read him yours--he wants you to know that he is a mailman and the postman always rings twice:D .

Glad you liked the bell shot---I liked the framing but I think I could rework the PP a smidge.

Thank you for commenting.

rolleyes1.gif ROFL.........azzaro