Proof-delay replace photo warning

NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I had someone order a 5x7 and an 8x10. I just wasn't able to get the 8x10 to crop right, so I went back to the original file and re-exported it as an 8x10. When I replaced the photo, the 5x7 crop got all wonky. The crop rectangle for the 5x7 was outside of the photo borders, and I had to go back and adjust it, too.
This tells me that replace photo is not per-item but global. Just something to be aware of!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    please write our Support Heroes with an order # so we can address this personally
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    The general answer to this issue is to use replace photo with a loosely cropped image that can then be cropped in the cart for either a 5x7 or an 8x10.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Andy: I think everything is working as designed, but it can be unintuitive to think that replacing the image for an 8x10 would affect a 5x7 in the same order. Maybe the only "bug" was that the crop rectangle for the 5x7 ended up outside the image. I will email support, but I already re-adjusted and shipped the order so I can't reproduce it any longer.

JFriend: Absolutely! The new image did accommodate an 8x10 and 5x7 crop, but it was the initial wonky-ness that I was writing in about.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Nimai wrote:
    Andy: I think everything is working as designed, but it can be unintuitive to think that replacing the image for an 8x10 would affect a 5x7 in the same order. Maybe the only "bug" was that the crop rectangle for the 5x7 ended up outside the image. I will email support, but I already re-adjusted and shipped the order so I can't reproduce it any longer.

OK then don't email us, it's fine...