Hey muskets can't do that rolleyes1.gif
    #2 for sure the best
    #1 :nono clip the wings balanced or not :lol4
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    #2 nod.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 19, 2005
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Snowys again!

I finally got some, but they are very different from yours.

And I am too tired to post them..........I have to do it just right, I keep thinking that no one will notice if I don't post them just right!

I have birds fly at me, I have a devil of a time getting good focus, though.

I have figured some stuff out. I am shooting with an extender, that is making my lens search. So I need wide open spaces for the lens to pick up the bird and follow it. Also, well, I forgot the also.......but I will remember later.

My lens focused much faster when I was first got it, before I had the extender. But I didn't have the reach.

Where I am shooting, I need the reach, the fast focusing and the IS. I tend to shoot late, I think I would be sunk without IS.

So, I think I need to rob a bank. Do they still do that in california, you know the old west and stuff?

ginger (Snowys, mumble, mumble, mumble.............)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Snowys again!

And I am too tired to post them..........I have to do it just right, I keep thinking that no one will notice if I don't post them just right!

I have figured some stuff out. I am shooting with an extender, that is making my lens search. So I need wide open spaces for the lens to pick up the bird and follow it. Also, well, I forgot the also.......but I will remember later.

My lens focused much faster when I was first got it, before I had the extender. But I didn't have the reach.

Where I am shooting, I need the reach, the fast focusing and the IS. I tend to shoot late, I think I would be sunk without IS.

So, I think I need to rob a bank. Do they still do that in california, you know the old west and stuff?

I guess I need IS too. :D I sure need something. I fail miserably at this bird stuff.
    These are great but especially #2. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Ooooh, #2.thumb.gif
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    I guess I need IS too. :D I sure need something. I fail miserably at this bird stuff.
    These are great but especially #2. thumb.gif
    IS that a clinton IS or a canon IS or just a standaed is headscratch.gif the only thing i do well is panning but the vr [nikon talk ask harry] is great for this stuff but I have not taken the 300 off very much from the time harry sent it to me :D ok now a real comment birds take time and a lot of shooting ---practice ,practice I have to work really hard at settings for exposer , Ben is far better at this , but we are lucking we have more than one place to shoot and practice and with Harrys help --- this alone, for Ben and myself has given us a better chance at keepers and we share the info , thank you Harry for your support and help for the last year .I know on this forum my stuff is getting better but the quality here is hard to keep up with .But I do knock the socks off of my friends rolleyes1.gif:Drolleyes1.gif in a last comment your photos are great and if you took a yearat this like i have then harry woukd be worried eek7.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
    edited July 21, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Snowys again!

did you mean that yours are different than mine by the fact that they [mine] are not JUST RIGHTheadscratch.gif but but i am working at it :cry and this is the best i can do -- so there . AND i hope your IS is shakie :D G Harry as told all of us more than a few times about TC 's they mess with af the longer you go then NO af so bifs are better with out -- and yes we still rob banks take great abouts of drugs grow long hair talk funny the real ones can drive spend way to much time in the sun make a lot of $ -- maybe thats why every one is moving here -- and oh yea english is a second or third language now but if your are a little low I can stop by the bank rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

edited July 21, 2005
    Jeff ,Ben ,Harry and Jim thank you for the nice comments on # 2 i think Ginnger thinks they are both #2 :D really the first one i just liked the look not a great or even a good shot but i liked the way it filled the frame --thanks guys thumb.gif
    Jeff W

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Re Canon 300 IS: it is there, on or off. When "on" it can be in position 1 or position 2. If it is in position 2, it does not inferfere (sp) with the panning.......I guess that can be a problem. I have had it on 2 for a few months, forget to put it back. #1, that is major IS, I would guess that it is sideways plus up and down.

My birds are not that close to me, in most cases, to shoot without the extender.

I think I whined too much yesterday, so I am going to try not to do it too much today, but I did want to clarify the IS on the 300.

I will post some of my snowys............probably all of them. No, all I should post.

I mean mine are different in that mine are more at rest, further away and my backgrounds are green.

ginger

Hey, I could go shoot birds this AM and post the snowys later. Don't know on that.............yesterday was a bad day (sorry for whining, but it was an all around bad day) . So if I could just go shoot some birds, forget all my troubles, etc.......sing a song maybe. If I had gotten up earlier, I wouldn't get there until 10 AM, and I don't know how active the birds are then, never been there then.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.