stock photo sales?

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited November 30, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
how do i make some of my photos available to the public as "Stock" photos? anyone?

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    1-There are a few ways to do this....sign up for any of the stock photo sites selling photos for almost nothing.....

2-Get set up with a time honored agency like Getty Images

3- offer stock images from your website as digital downloads or directly from you burned to disk.....

personally all of my work is fullfilled by me.....I do not self fullfil to keep any profits from SM....it is just the fact that I really like my local Pro Processor and it has hard for me to send work to anyone out of town that will have to mail it back to me...........even tho I am mailing it out myselfmwink.gif

For stock images I will burn a CD and mail to client (always by priority mail, insured and trackable requiring signature.....all billed into price for client).....I will sell a 300kb image upto a 300mb image (so far that is the largest jpg I have made thru Photoshop and Genuine Fractals and it had no noise or grain look to it....almost 1000% uprez)............as for pricing I Check the Big name agencies like Getty to see what certain images are selling for in like size (mb) and price accordingly.....or in the case of publishers asking for images and if they offer a set price...either accept of ask for more.....if I feel a publisher is givng a fair price even tho it is lower than the big name agencies I normally take it....as long as I am getting credit next to image.....if only credit is in back of publication as a photo index with credit...price is lot higher as most people do not go looking for credit indexes....TOO MUCH WORK........

Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    iStockPhoto.com