A Bit of Variety, C&C Please!

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in People
Here are a few older shots I finished processing recently:

1. There are obvious problems here, but I thought it was a good shot anyway, and it was the best of three.

727978094_XmzJT-XL.jpg

521379453_gzzdM-XL.jpg

3. This one's a little weird. One of the first shots I took, but I thought it was really cool.

519165243_niXZU-XL-1.jpg

569802907_Fe9EA-XL.jpg

550859370_eZkvu-XL-1.jpg

728027461_bUHND-XL.jpg

I welcome any and all comments, and I hope you enjoyed them.

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Really like #6....what a great moment. :D Most of the others seem a bit soft. I like the comp on #5. None are tack-sharp which is sometimes fine, but your OOF issues here are a bit much and distract from images 1 & 2. #4 would have been a pretty nice shot.....without the extreme lean and you not only cropped a leg but managed to remove some feet as well.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    I really like what you did with #4!
    #6 is a nice capture of the moment.

Well done.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Thanks for the critique gentlemen! The soft shots were more "snap shottish" and I regret my inability to prepare for them quickly.

I hate to admit it, but 4 had to be taken from the hip because the people of this culture do not like having their picture taken, but I didn't have the willpower to resist the opportunity. While I hate that it's missing part of the man, I'll hold on to it.

I realize now I primarily need to work on my ability to capture sharp images quickly, and that means learning better manual focus, because my the AF on a 50mm f/1.8 just isn't up to par sometimes, and is subject to more user error rolleyes1.gif .