Options

Irina (NSFW)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 2, 2009 in Go Figure
As I mentioned earlier, my friend Irina got a new tattoo, and we decided to have some fun with (and without:-) it. Despite all the forecasts (rain on Saturday, overcast on Sunday), it was a typical sunny cloudless SoCal day.

We drove about 60 miles up into Upper Ojai Mountains, to the spot I found once rather by accident during our one-day photo trip with Aero-nut (Is he ok? Haven't seem him around lately..). I actually had somewhat bigger (and bolder :wink) plans for this spot, but the place turned out to be crowded, so we had to trim down our plans and stick with a small subset of them.

Anyway, below are few excerpts from that day. Most of the images are taken with 7D, some with 5D2. Lens was 24-105/4L IS USM. Initially I used only one gelled Sunpack for the fill, but later (whe she got low) added another one. Minor tweaks in ACR, PS was only used for batch conversion.

BTW, Irina is typically all smiles, but since we were featuring the new tattoo and some biker-chick-like outfit, I asked her to keep a "mean" expression for the most frames.

#1: IMG_3655_1.jpg

728072077_9kXL8-XL.jpg

#2: IMG_3658_1.jpg

728072197_Mpi2P-XL.jpg

#3: IMG_3661_1.jpg

728072120_kSYYy-XL.jpg

#4: IMG_3677_1.jpg

728072403_CF4FB-XL.jpg

#5: IMG_3688_1.jpg

728072330_MZHPy-XL.jpg

#6: Once we were done with the "mean" part, she instantly became her naturally smiling self again:

728072423_UW9ec-XL.jpg

Enjoy! C&C welcome!

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    Nice set Nik. I really like the setting. Do you mind sharing where exactly this place is? Maybe a link to google map?

Looks like you had the Sunpack on camera left... is that right? Straight flash or did you use a diffuser/modifier?

Thanks.

Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2009
    Nice set Nik. I really like the setting. Do you mind sharing where exactly this place is? Maybe a link to google map?

Looks like you had the Sunpack on camera left... is that right? Straight flash or did you use a diffuser/modifier?

Thanks.

Alex
    Thanks, Alex!
    Yes, for most frames it was a fill on the camera left, but wehn she was in the crawl position ai added a second one to the camera right, but pointed it to the sand itself to get some even fill from beneath. Other than that - straight flash, I rarely use modifiers outdoors - they don't match harsh sun...
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2009
    When we got back, she wanted to get something similar to what I got with Heather...
    My studio setup was pretty much intact since the last shoot, so all we had to do is to get her clothes off, put the leaves on - and here you go:

728072298_Bw3Hk-XL.jpg

Sometimes it feels nice you can get a repetitive (quality) results... mwink.gif
  • Options
    afmdmcafmdmc Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    as always i enjoy seeing your work but this does not seem to be up to your normal standards. the eyes in 1, 3, and 5. are very dark and shadowed but other wise i love them. thanks for sharing.
    http://afmdmc.smugmug.com/

My Tomestone Will Read : I spent most of my money on Cold Beer, Loose Women, And Fast Bikes, the rest I just Wasted !!!!

Dave.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2009
    afmdmc wrote:
    as always i enjoy seeing your work but this does not seem to be up to your normal standards. the eyes in 1, 3, and 5. are very dark and shadowed but other wise i love them. thanks for sharing.
    Dave,
    thank you for commenting! thumb.gif
    As I mentioned, this shoot was supposed to be on a cloudy day, but clouds didn't happen until two days later. And shooting outdors under the harsh midday sun - not ideal situation lighting wise. ne_nau.gif
    However, I think my fill light(s) worked ok, and since we were going for the "tough biker chick" look anyway, I personally don't mind some eye shadows. mwink.gif