Weeping Angel

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited December 1, 2009 in Landscapes
My hometown of New Orleans has some very unique cemeteries, and one tomb in the Metairie Cemetery displays the "Weeping Angel" inside. The blue stained-glass behind and on either direction of the angel casts a beautiful blue light just before sunset. Here are three views. I appreciate any critique on the photo, and if one composition is better than the others? The light in the photo is natural, I only made minor changes with levels and contrast. Thanks for looking.

728182386_ULV2S-L.jpg

728183805_8JD7S-L.jpg

728185454_U7UrP-L.jpg

Comments

• NinaNina Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    My hometown of New Orleans has some very unique cemeteries, and one tomb in the Metairie Cemetery displays the "Weeping Angel" inside. The blue stained-glass behind and on either direction of the angel casts a beautiful blue light just before sunset. Here are three views. I appreciate any critique on the photo, and if one composition is better than the others? The light in the photo is natural, I only made minor changes with levels and contrast. Thanks for looking.

I enjoyed these Chris, the blue light works well.
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    The first shot works best for my amateur eye. Cool capture.
  • chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    The first shot works best for my amateur eye. Cool capture.

Thank you. The first shot is sort of the "classic" shot that I've seen in paintings and photos. I tried a couple of other angles as the light was very directional. Unfortunately I had to shoot through cracks in the window and door. I think it is a beautiful display, and I'm told the people that designed it did so with the light in mind.