Options

Mc#6

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited December 1, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Heading out on a cruise in a couple days and not sure if I will have internet connection or the time to put thought into this challenge. So I thought of something today before I pack up my gear for the trip....

With winter already apon us here in AK...I had brought my new (..as of spring) rose bushes into the house a couple months ago. Well they have decided to bloom again which gives me great pleasure! To think I have roses in winter! The flowers are not as big as they are when they are outside...but they are pretty just the same. I picked the one bloom that is opened and took it outside and stuck it in the snow...to contrast the unusualness of this phenominon. Let me know which you like better in image and name. (forgive the watermark in the middle). Or should I see if I can do something better (there is always something better....but timing is always a factor).

So these can be called either "Misplaced" or 'Imperfect"....

728253581_F35aZ-L-1.jpg

728253885_Ge3Yh-L-1.jpg

3. 728981898_kvExp-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2009
    I like it, but it's really hard to tell that the background is snow. At first, I just thought it was a rose against a white background.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    I like it, but it's really hard to tell that the background is snow. At first, I just thought it was a rose against a white background.

15524779-Ti.gif. Perhaps a lower angle? You could also call it "misguided" (there's an album & a song by edwin mccain called "misguided roses")
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2009
    Thanks for the input guys. I have added one more angle that I did yesterday....I think it works for showing the snow better. Not sure if the positioning is more interesting though. This new image has the vase in it. The extra set of leaves had blown away just after this shot. We are having a blizzard now but when I took these the wind was just starting to pick up. Its freezing out there! Could only be in it for a couple minutes.

So I think I will have to see what comes of this weekend when I am in the caribbean. I pretty much have decided on buying the expensive internet connection on the cruise so I can upload pictures when needed.thumb.gif
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    For me, "Texas" comes to mind when I see this...Laughing.gif.

It's lovely. And I especially like the version with the vase.

But since you're heading to the Caribbean, you'll have plenty of more photo ops that you will be proud of and will suffice for the challenge. Most ports of call will have Internet Cafes, which will be a lot cheaper than using Internet on board ship.
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    For me, "Texas" comes to mind when I see this...Laughing.gif.

It's lovely. And I especially like the version with the vase.

But since you're heading to the Caribbean, you'll have plenty of more photo ops that you will be proud of and will suffice for the challenge. Most ports of call will have Internet Cafes, which will be a lot cheaper than using Internet on board ship.
    I agree. I think you can find some stunning sunset shots there which you can enter in the challenge. If I were you, I would include some kids in your sunset shots too. This will make Marc Muench quite happy! "PeopleScapes" anyone?
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited December 1, 2009
    I agree. I think you can find some stunning sunset shots there which you can enter in the challenge. If I were you, I would include some kids in your sunset shots too. This will make Marc Muench quite happy! "PeopleScapes" anyone?

Great minds think alike. I went through all the albums of our judges to get a feel for what they like and know....I think a portrait of a person with a motorcycle in the image and a beautiful scenic background with some form of ps magic to make it totally awsome! I wonder if I can pull it off?ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Great minds think alike. I went through all the albums of our judges to get a feel for what they like and know....I think a portrait of a person with a motorcycle in the image and a beautiful scenic background with some form of ps magic to make it totally awsome! I wonder if I can pull it off?ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif

You got it! :D
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    JAG wrote:

Should be some great photo ops!