A few more pieces of rural Michigan (C&C welcome)

JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
edited December 9, 2009 in Landscapes
I’m very much a beginner, but I get so much inspiration from this forum that I feel compelled to share some pictures every now and then.
Winters here, and to me, these three stalks exude a gracefulness that flies in the face of the encroaching cold

727017773_KUndx-L.jpg

715612921_daozs-L.jpg

715613131_ma2pQ-L.jpg
Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler

Comments

• Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    They are all very good, I like the first one best.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif that so much of the stuff people post here is inspiring! And we were all beginners at one point and many of us will admit that we're still miles away from where we want to be. But learning is fun, and so is sharing.

I like the mood that your shots create: cold weather, brief, bright sun. The first in particular says so much with so little. Thanks for sharing these!
  • JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback Allan and Schmoo. I like #1 too. a spur of the moment picture on the way to work one morning, after that lone corn stalk caught my eye- guess the combine missed it on it's run through the field. The one that got away. :D
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Nice series--it tells a winter tale! I look forward to more of your work.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    I think #1 is just fantastic. Nicely done!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
    edited December 8, 2009
    Thank you kindly.
    It's coming down thick now, another 8 inches by this weekend. :D
    I took a couple of pictures during a walk on sunday, I like the brief moments when the sunlight pentrates the heavy clouds.

733490301_6SXY9-L.jpg

733538135_wHkvf-L.jpg

733500426_jALBR-L.jpg
    Joash R

edited December 8, 2009
    Nice eye! The colors in #1 and #3 are lovely, and I really like the composition in #3. The curved path invites me into the scene and the footprints in the snow tell a story, making me wonder who was there before me. Then the sunstar is a bonus--terrific shot all around, IMO!

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 9, 2009
    Thank you for the compliment Lauren. I looked at the link in your signature too- very nice work in your gallery and beautiful cards as well.
    Joash R

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    All six make a nice series. I particularly like the first in the first set and the first in the second set. Each has particularly nice light.
    edited December 9, 2009
    Thanks, Joash! I haven't had too many folks look at my cards, so I am pleased you took the time and that you liked them.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com