One dog and a bunch of birds

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited December 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
This is Cody, and he is a pain in the..... but he is cute. Still playing with off camera strobe. What can I do to improve lighting on this one?

728978221_Xsr44-L.jpg

Came across these birds just chillin on a cool morning. Was going to go sihloutett, but opted for a little HDR instead. Thoughts?

729015570_WJa5r-L.jpg

C&C always welcome and appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    I kept looking around frame on the second one, and then realized the leaves were the birds. my eye is still drawn to the yellow leaves, almost as if it was a selective coloring. none the less, a neat shot thumb.gif

my take on the first one (i'm no expert, so take it with a grain of salt), the blacks have a little of that blue/white hint from the flash, were you using a diffuser? cute dog and nice framing on him.
    Devin
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    the blacks have a little of that blue/white hint from the flash, were you using a diffuser? cute dog and nice framing on him.

Good eyes... not using a diffuser... maybe should? I don't see any hint of blue, so maybe it's me or my monitor perhaps.
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    Good eyes... not using a diffuser... maybe should? I don't see any hint of blue, so maybe it's me or my monitor perhaps.

If using my sb600 i always use the diffuser.. unless it's a wide portrait then i'll take it off and use the wide angle flap. I find that bouncing the flash always has a better result as well. JMO of course. now that i went back and looked again.. it's more of a white/gray tinge between his eyes, to the side of his right eye/face and then a bit on the right shoulder.
    Devin
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Those dogs that are a pain in the ... keep me young. Beautiful dog thumb.gif

I like all the birds in the tree, but agree the yellow leaves draw my eye in more them the birds do. That's a whole bunch of birds :D
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Good looking dog and a nice pic. Roadkill.......As for the bird shot I think that you needed a telephoto so the birds weren't so small.....and a center of interest....It is a picture where my eye wanders around....... azzaro
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Thanks for the comments...

Definitely helps with direction and techniques.