My little Bolivian

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited December 2, 2009 in People
Hello all,
I took some photos of my little girl today, I've been wanting to photograph her with some of her little Bolivian clothes (she's actually Bolivian/Cuban). Her grandmother got them for her on her last trip to Bolivia.

The first ones are special to me because the hat she's wearing belonged to my grandmother. They were her indigenous hats and she wore them at one point.

I liked that my daughter wore them with her Children's Place pink t-shirt--seemed like an appropriate combo.

C&C please

729259200_4qYR3-XL-2.jpg

729436160_XyGQM-XL.jpg

729271229_SjeJF-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2009
    Liz, these are beautiful shots (of a beauty). The first is truly a wonderful shot. Close second for #2. Third one, facial tone on my monitor is a little too yellow/orange. Also face is a little washed out, perhaps with soft eyes.

I assume you are proud of these. And I hope you will give your mother a copy of her and the hat.
  • Test-PilotTest-Pilot Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    The desat colors are not my thing, but they look great in an antique-like kinda way. Is that what you were going for with the first two?

Of course, having a stunning model helps a lot too, huh? mwink.gif
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    A beautiful little girl. Nice shots and congrats.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Cute little girl! I think you're going to have your hands full when she gets older. Anyway, #2 is my favorite, followed by #1. Good job!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    Liz, these are beautiful shots (of a beauty). The first is truly a wonderful shot. Close second for #2. Third one, facial tone on my monitor is a little too yellow/orange. Also face is a little washed out, perhaps with soft eyes.

I assume you are proud of these. And I hope you will give your mother a copy of her and the hat.

Thank you Rainbow,
    #1 is my favorite too followed closely by #2--I did some PP work on #3 and I totally messed it up--I will go back and rework it.

I think I will frame that first shot for my mom, she'll get a big kick out of it.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited December 2, 2009
    Test-Pilot wrote:
    The desat colors are not my thing, but they look great in an antique-like kinda way. Is that what you were going for with the first two?

Of course, having a stunning model helps a lot too, huh? mwink.gif

Hi there,
    Yes yes I was going for a vintagey look (did I just make that word up?)

and thank you much about your compliment:)
    Liz A.
    _________
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    I REALLY like #3. I don't care much for the photo corners in the 2nd shot, but the shot itself is great. They are all super, but 3 is just awesome!!!!! :D
    edited December 2, 2009
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    A beautiful little girl. Nice shots and congrats.

Thank you Nikonic1, for looking and commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited December 2, 2009
    BroPhoto wrote:
    Cute little girl! I think you're going to have your hands full when she gets older. Anyway, #2 is my favorite, followed by #1. Good job!

GaryB

Hands already full--can only imagine.

I'm glad you liked #2, wasn't sure how the processing on that would be received.
    She was looking at a mirror straightening her hat when I got the shot.

Thanks for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Love them. 3 is a bit soft, but I can convince myself that it works here; sort of an old picture sort of image (with just a bit of "Children's Place" poking through...).

#1 is absolutely fabulous (and vintagey....).thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited December 2, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Love them. 3 is a bit soft, but I can convince myself that it works here; sort of an old picture sort of image (with just a bit of "Children's Place" poking through...).

#1 is absolutely fabulous (and vintagey....).thumb.gif

Thank you Andrew.
    I realized that I can't really get her to pose and I don't want to so much--I just let her play around and try and catch good shots of her as she does her thing.

The last one was the closest to posed, and it just doesn't work--but glad you can convince yourself it doesrolleyes1.gif . It's a shame too because it's the only one of her in head to toe Bolivian clothes. To think my grandmother used to dress like that--love it.

I read your comment about "waiting for the teen" years in the other thread and laughed--Everyone with a teen has me scared to death and stockpiling Xanexrolleyes1.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Hands already full--can only imagine.

I'm glad you liked #2, wasn't sure how the processing on that would be received.
    She was looking at a mirror straightening her hat when I got the shot.

Thanks for commenting.

I liked #2 the best also. I do like the processing and also really like the "candidness" (if that's a word :D ) of the shot. Very nice.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Oh, Liz, she is SO beautiful!! (No surprise there - she's got mommy's looks alright :)

I really like these a lot.... I just wish you had a little more processing power so you could make a few more small adjustments to them but then again... maybe that might be too much of a good thing. They're gorgeous just like they are. iloveyou.gif
    edited December 2, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    I REALLY like #3. I don't care much for the photo corners in the 2nd shot, but the shot itself is great. They are all super, but 3 is just awesome!!!!! :D

Kidzmom,
    So sorry I missed your post earlier, just now saw it.
    Funny how different people like different things--glad #3 works for you.

I don't have PP tools- so I went with Picnik to edit and one of the treatments you can give a photo is "60's" I remember even in the 70's all my childhood photos had the rounded cornersrolleyes1.gif , if they weren't polaroid--I liked the way it worked only because her photo reminds me of mine and has that old timey quality. I just wish they were real rounded corners. That treatment also gives it that orange look all photos from back then seemed to have and I liked it when I saw the outcome--now I wonder how it will print.

Thank you for commenting.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited December 2, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Oh, Liz, she is SO beautiful!! (No surprise there - she's got mommy's looks alright :)

I really like these a lot.... I just wish you had a little more processing power so you could make a few more small adjustments to them but then again... maybe that might be too much of a good thing. They're gorgeous just like they are. iloveyou.gif

Divamum,
    Awwww thanks--This is me strutting back and forth nowrolleyes1.gif .

I'm using the first shot of Sofia for the holiday card this year--just ordered it not 5 minutes ago--I was that happy with it--using one of my B&W grainy ones of Jacob at the Diner--maybe you remember that one.

Thanks for the pat on the back Divamum---feels good.
    Liz A.
    _________