Deleted

canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited September 2, 2018 in Street and Documentary
Deleted

Comments

• Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Nice set of pics. I like the vibrant colors - especially in the last one! Beautiful.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited December 3, 2009
    canghuixu wrote:
    I just wish I had a camera with better high ISO performance so I could get more slices of life. I'm shooting with a 20D at 800 ISO and the image-stabilized 17-55 f2.8, so exposures vary pretty widely, and it is hard to do anything of anyone who is in motion.

Are you using any noise reduction software? In many cases, you could push the ISO to 1600 or even 3200 and get decent results. Noiseware, Noise Ninja and Neat Image all give much better results than the noise reduction features of Photoshop. Remember too that for street scenes like these, some noise is not really a problem. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2018
    Deleted
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
    edited December 3, 2009
    canghuixu wrote:
    I haven't tried NR.

My biggest problem with 1600 on the 20D is that to me at least, the images look noticeably grainier than at 800. I would really like at some point to go full-frame, maybe the 5d MkII, since the high ISO/low light results I have seen look spectacular. However my spouse isn't yet convinced that I need to upgrade.

The 5DII will certainly give you better results, but it's not cheap. I just started using Noiseware on a 50D and I have gotten some really good results at 3200 and even some passable shots at 12,800. The 50D is a little better about noise than the 20D, but it's not a huge difference. I think all of the noise reduction software vendors offer free trials and their products are under 100 USD, so you might want to give them a try and see what you think.
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2018
    Deleted