Regarding Digi Downloads

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi All

Ok I might be a little blonde, but I have looked thru alot of this thread and can't seem to find what I'm searching for, perhaps all you kind souls can give me some advice.

I just found out that Smuggy offers Digi Downloads (No print) (shows how much I look around eh).

I was wondering how much do other photographers charge for the digi downloads? Personal (lo and hi rez) and Commerical (lo and hi rez).

I have NO idea what to charge, and I have a client that is waiting for an answer.

Please help. Suggestions/advice/$ amounts/Qty all are helpful...

Thanks
Tentacion aka Donna P.

PS: To all that know me....HI and it has been a heck of a long time, hope everyone is doing well!!

feel free to email me [EMAIL="also...admin@dnty.com"]also...admin@dnty.com[/EMAIL]
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    No suggestions???? Maybe I posted this question int he wrong thread? Admin, please direct this to the right thread if I posted in err to here. Thanks
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    My pricing is a bit all over the place - although I try to have some consistancy.
    For downloads it is from around $10 to up to $150 - depending on the image.

For example - I chartered a helicopter to get some aerial images - those images are harder for anyone to replicate obviously - so there is a premium I charge for that - not to mention the price of the charter.

I try to factor in what the image or gallery is and who may be interested in the image and for what purpose. Especially when you consider that once someone downloads an image - they can share that with others without your knowledge and you may loose sales because of that.

Hope that helps.
  • Captain Nemo 8982Captain Nemo 8982 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2009
    Captain Nemo 8982
    Hello,

I also am looking for guidance as to pricing for digital downloads.
    One of this years wedding clients is looking for a download or downloads.

I currently offer a disc of all original files for $400, or clients can buy reprints.

This family is intent on buying a download of one or two images.
    Because this method would eliminate reprints revenue I was thinking to charge $50 - $75. per download for a hi res image.
    Does this sound exorbitant?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Captain Nemo 8982
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Thanks.

The client is a fashion designer and she want about 30 digi downloads for her portfolio. I don't want to scare the client off, and I'm also thinking of future revenue....

I was wondering for personal license would a lump sum be adequate.

Geesssss it was easier when they just ordered prints....Grrrrrrrrrr