too yellow?

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited December 3, 2009 in People
Hi!

I tried using an umbrella but it didn't work, little guy was trying to knock it over, so I just used on camera flash (SB-600). My thing is, some of them look too yellow. I tried softening the yellows but then the skin color looks weird? I am using CS4. I am also going to post some question in the technique forum to see what tips I can get on PP for burning the background. I keep burning the wheels on the little train, to name one! :(. Please let me know what you think about the lighting.
I think I am going to tell my customers that my black backdrop got chewed up by my dog, so I can use the white one. My customers seem to just lean toward the black!

anyway, here they are :)
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you for your suggestions.
GG

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    I don't think they're too yellow. Looking at the colors, yellow is just above magenta. There is a smugmug info page on skin tone: http://www.smugmug.com/help/skin-tone that might be helpful.

I agree, lose the black background. I'll back you up. You called, just devastated that the dog (what's his name?) ate it.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    They don't seem yellow, so much as green. Add a touch of magenta, in color balance, to numbers 1, 3 and 4. Number 2 seems okay, but it's a little too light to know for certain. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2009
    Thank you guys!
    adbsgicom, hahahahaahaha too funny! yea, the really funny part is that I don't have a dog! Laughing.gif.. My sister in law does though.. he is huge! his name is Ben! Laughing.gif. Thanks for the link.
    eL eSs Vee- thank you. I will play around with the magenta, see if it helps. AND do some brightness adjustments on #2. :)thumb.gif both :)
    GG
  • GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Andrew :)- thanks for the link! lots of wonderful information!!!!
    GG