Options

Art Leather

2»

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Do a review at RESELLR RATNGS......you may find more there ......also if you blog.....be sure and do a ranting rave blog and also on facebook.......that way if someone searches for ART LEATHER.....they may see the shenanigans they are pulling on you..............

Also call the BBB in their town and file a complaint.....as well as consumer fraud with their District Attorney's Office......that way they know you mean business and that you demand to be treat with respect and honesty.

Yeah, I will see if I can get it done through my business card ... I won't blog about it as I mostly just blog about my work, and think it would distract from my usual stuff + i think most of my readers are my brides (but then ... who knows). BUT I'll definitely spread my story in any discussion that will come up about Art Leather .... I might be just a single case, but hey, they could have handled that better ... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Wow! That is really lame what they are trying to do, Angie!

I know who not to go to for album making.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Wow! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, Agnieszka. :cry Some great advice here on this thread. I'm certainly learning from it. I haven't needed such services, but it makes me want to be more vigilant about receiving invoices from companies in general (e.g. requesting breakdowns in their estimates and invoices--maybe not by price for each thing, but at least listing what's included in the total price?).

Speaking of Art Leather and poor business practices, just on a hunch -- and curious if other customers had issues with them and posted in other photo forums -- I Googled "Art Leather complaints" and I found this (Yikes!):

http://photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00LgQo

There's even a member there who stopped using them 10 years ago, and someone else said this company had filed for Bankruptcy in 2007? ne_nau.gif

I tried finding them at Resellerratings.com but they didn't show up. Maybe it's time they got a Wall of Shame for themselves over there... mwink.gif

Good luck with getting this issue all resolved and hope it concludes in your favour. I'd love to hear how it all turns out.

Paula
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    NatLightPhotoNatLightPhoto Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2009
    I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV, but I don't think what they are doing is legal. I think that if you have the final invoice and/or the bill, they can't go back and charge you more.

Just like a store can't change the price of something AFTER you buy it. Just because they f-ed up their business, doesn't mean you have to bail them out.

I would go to a lawyer with everything you have or at least find a small business advocate to help you. You are getting screwed and it isn't right.
  • Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2009
    So how did this turn out in the end?
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    O my! This sucks.. I'd say the need to eat this cost.. as it was their error and now you have to deal with there mistake financially. Its poor business practice.. and its bordering on a scammy type of feel. If you haven't spoken with someone of importance about his at that office.. to get an answer as to why you have to pay for there mistakes... then I'd also promise to contact the better busines bureau and file a formal complaint. Most companies don't want that kind of public marr. Good luck!
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    O my! This sucks.. I'd say the need to eat this cost.. as it was their error and now you have to deal with there mistake financially. Its poor business practice.. and its bordering on a scammy type of feel. If you haven't spoken with someone of importance about his at that office.. to get an answer as to why you have to pay for there mistakes... then I'd also promise to contact the better busines bureau and file a formal complaint. Most companies don't want that kind of public marr. Good luck!

haha.. I see this has already been said :) sorry.
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    philx123philx123 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    haha.. I see this has already been said :) sorry.

I started reading the thread with utter disbelief, and was going to type "simply don;t pay", but see it's been written a lot of times already. But still, I would just add that companies may try this kind of this because, maybe one out of twenty or thirty times, it works, and they get the cash. Sack them off, as we say in the UK.