Deleted

canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited September 2, 2018 in Street and Documentary
Deleted

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    It looks like you have some nice memories from Hong Kong.

Good for you working on getting closer to strangers. It is sooooo hard for most of us.

However, I think you need to get even closer to make your photos compelling enough to interest your viewers in spending some time looking. The people are still too far away to engage us.

For example, on the second to last one (numbering your photos is a good idea so people can easily comment on specific ones), I really wish I were closer to see what was going on with the three people. Closer and a different angle (not just straight on) might have resulted in a more interesting capture.

Same comment for the third one. Getting closer and waiting for an interesting interaction with the man in the door could have made a huge difference. I am reminded of B.D.'s exhortation to "work" the picture. Of course, one doesn't always have the chance to do that, but it is good to have the idea playing in your head.

The second one might have been more interesting if the face on the woman weren't blown out.

Please keep shooting and sharing.

Virginia

Email