Options

Hanging hardware: D-Rings and the like

LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited December 4, 2009 in Mind Your Own Business
Hey all, I'm looking to purchase a bulk quantity of D-rings (or similar item) for hanging pictures. I can find plenty of places to buy a bulk order, but I'm actually having trouble finding anywhere that has exactly what I want.

I want a D-ring that mounts at a 45 degree angle . . . . I'm mounting these on the back of canvas stretcher bars, an I want the hanger to stick into the empty space behind the canvas rather than pushing the picture away from the wall. Does such a thing exist? If so, what is it called and where can I find it?

Thanks!

EDIT:>>>> For clarification, I either want it to have 2 screw holes, or to have a flat edge at a 45 degree angle that I can put flush with the lip of the stretcher bars, so that it cannot turn under pressure.

Comments

• Options
    takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    LiveAwake wrote:
    Hey all, I'm looking to purchase a bulk quantity of D-rings (or similar item) for hanging pictures. I can find plenty of places to buy a bulk order, but I'm actually having trouble finding anywhere that has exactly what I want.

I want a D-ring that mounts at a 45 degree angle . . . . I'm mounting these on the back of canvas stretcher bars, an I want the hanger to stick into the empty space behind the canvas rather than pushing the picture away from the wall. Does such a thing exist? If so, what is it called and where can I find it?

Thanks!

EDIT:>>>> For clarification, I either want it to have 2 screw holes, or to have a flat edge at a 45 degree angle that I can put flush with the lip of the stretcher bars, so that it cannot turn under pressure.

On the same note, I"d like a supplier of the push in hangers that you can put in the back of Gatorfoam. Probably the same place, huh?
  • Options
    LiveAwakeLiveAwake Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    On the same note, I"d like a supplier of the push in hangers that you can put in the back of Gatorfoam. Probably the same place, huh?

I may have found a solution that will do what I'm after:
    hwr_hangflangerLG.jpg
    It's called a Flanger hanger.