Month no. 8

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited December 6, 2009 in People
8 months and counting. The days are just passing by like a breeze. It seems like my wife just pulled me into the bathroom and gave me the news. Some nervous laughter afterwards and here we are, a couple of months away from meeting my new baby. I'm excited, nervous, and I tell ya there's nothing like putting my hand on my wife's belly and feeling the baby move.

Got my early christmas present a couple of days ago. Bedroom photos shot with Nikon 35mm f/1.8 (loving this lens) Natural light from window and reflector.

The other 2 with off camera single light Vivi 285HV with shoot through umbrella. Fill coming from wall.

DSC_7228.jpg

That's our "other" child, Wallace in the shot :)

DSC_7312.jpg

DSC_7287.jpg

DSC_7246.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    great stuff here! I really like 2 and 3.clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Fabulous. #2 is my favorite and really shows how happy she is and what a beautiful woman you have there. Congrats and good luck!!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    It may be silly... but I love how she is holding her feet in the first one! The rest are gorgeous too.

She looks so healthy and happy!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Really like 2&3!!! 1&4 feel a little too melancholy. If she had a hint of a smile in the first, I think it would have worked really well. The setup for 4 gives me the sense that she's stuck in the nursery, and you only see the chair.

Anyhow, 2&3 are really nice!!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • toddbtoddb Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    great shots
    Like them all a lot. 2 and 3 are really nice, but first one is my favorite. Really looks like she is thinking about what is coming --- kind of a calm before the storm. Great pictures and congratulations -- best thing that will ever happen to you (aside from age 2-to-3) :)
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    So pretty!!! I agree with Heather...I like how she has her feet in #1. It's great to see her gorgeous smile in 2 and I love the processing. Her skin looks amazing in 3 and I like the tones in 4. Congrats on your countdown to parenthood!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Beautiful!!

Boy does Wallace have a surprise coming.

I like all four of the photographs. The "melancholy" ones seem real and natural to me. I would call them contemplative. Very appropriate, IMHO.

Best wishes to you both and to your newborn. And an extra scratch under the chin for Wallace.

Virginia

Email
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    Wonderful photos. Really liking the light in #2.

What a beautiful wife you have, she looks so happy!! iloveyou.gif

Congrats to the little peanut clap.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    What a lovely set. And your wife sure has the "pregnancy glow" thing going on - she looks amazing! (given that I threw up for 9 months and looked more like I was terminal than about to give birth, I seriously envy women who get to have the better part of a year of gorgeous!!)

ALl best wishes to you in the countdown - if you think this part is exciting, you're in for some even bigger treats coming up! iloveyou.gif
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Thank you everyone for the comments. We decided we dont want to know what the sex of the baby is so as of now we have no clue. We have decided to call the baby "Mayor" as in it can be whatever kind of mayor it wants to be. (Horton hears a who reference.) because I want a girl and she wants a boy.

Here's another one that shows time going too fast. We got Wallace (Wally monster) and Franklin (Franky blue eyes) Nov 2007

109.bmp
    http://www.reverbphotography.com
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    Elinchrome Skyport Triggers
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    WOW, these are beautiful! I would have loved to have shots like these! She is beautiful too which makes your job even easier :)
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com