Options

Remembering Summer...

2»

Comments

• Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Jeff, I'm nearly in tears, you're so sweet!!!

And I'm not sure Waffle House at midnight counts as "fancy-schmancy" but ok, it was better than fast food, I guess.

And if you say "unscathed" then I'll believe it, my legs took a beating, the stairs in my apartment are pure torture, but it's ok, I'll deal with it. I grabbed a few "Oh my GOD" shots so I think I did well, considering.

And hubby thinks he figured out why we couldn't ever get the same settings, your sensor is probably WAY bigger than the one is in my XT. Of course, when you're on a budget, you work with what you've got.

I didn't mind the cold, actually, I'd rather be cold than hot ANY day, trust me. That same wedding in July would have been torture.

jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks Heather.....

I doubt I will stop alltogether.......time will tell.

I am hoping to get a promotion at work (the real work) in the next year or two that would allow me better scheduling for clients....weddings or otherwise. Til then......Ill be very picky about the ones I might take.

...and I know 900 files isn't a ton. My first was like 1500....but I was shooting "extras" to make up for less than ideal gear limitations at that time......

It just sucks to glance at the clock and realize that 3....4....8 hours....heck a whole day has gone by with me staring at lightroom and Im not done yet.

I wanna be done.:D

Lucky Im not shooting "extras" now...AND...I am a bit more selective about "what" I shoot to begin with.

Thanks again....and hey....now that I found a second who CAN SHOOT.....I may take on a few more of these. She's fun to work with for sure.mwink.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    These wedding shots look gorgeous, you two! Nicely done! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Jeff, I'm nearly in tears, you're so sweet!!!

And I'm not sure Waffle House at midnight counts as "fancy-schmancy" but ok, it was better than fast food, I guess.

And if you say "unscathed" then I'll believe it, my legs took a beating, the stairs in my apartment are pure torture, but it's ok, I'll deal with it. I grabbed a few "Oh my GOD" shots so I think I did well, considering.

And hubby thinks he figured out why we couldn't ever get the same settings, your sensor is probably WAY bigger than the one is in my XT. Of course, when you're on a budget, you work with what you've got.

I didn't mind the cold, actually, I'd rather be cold than hot ANY day, trust me. That same wedding in July would have been torture.

Well....that just doesn't add up on the sensor size/settings issue. Your camera...and both of mine have the 1.6x (APS-C) canon sensor....and besides.....they should all be pretty close in regards to ISO, Aperture....etc as far as exposure goes. The wedding wasn't the place to sort it out.....but we could definately get together and do smoe controlled condition shooting and see how the histograms compare. My 50D and XTi are pretty much what and what as far as identical exposures.......very very close.

...and don't think your budget camera isnt capable.....I explained to you what I think about cameras already....They are the least imporatant link in the chain. A keen eye and great glass.....now thats where the rubber meets the road!deal.gif
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    I still can't figure out how your ISO 800 had you at 1/180 and me at 1/25 with the same aperture, oh well. The final product came out and that's all that matters.

Ha! My "budget camera" was left at home, you never saw the $1.99 thrift store camera that does some AMAZING shots despite it being over 50 years old. It feels like such a dino compared to the XT, but as long as the house is built, it doesn't matter what hammer did it.

As promised, I'll try my hardest to get that CD to you tomorrow night sometime, I have to work tomorrow (my shoulder was NOT wanting me to go to work today) so that means I have to be an editing machine tonight.

But see, the problem is, now you have me wanting that lens and a new flash (not to mention a gizmo :D). Maybe I should be glad Christmas is in a few weeks...

jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Well....that just doesn't add up on the sensor size/settings issue. Your camera...and both of mine have the 1.6x (APS-C) canon sensor....and besides.....they should all be pretty close in regards to ISO, Aperture....etc as far as exposure goes. The wedding wasn't the place to sort it out.....but we could definately get together and do smoe controlled condition shooting and see how the histograms compare. My 50D and XTi are pretty much what and what as far as identical exposures.......very very close.

...and don't think your budget camera isnt capable.....I explained to you what I think about cameras already....They are the least imporatant link in the chain. A keen eye and great glass.....now thats where the rubber meets the road!deal.gif
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    I still can't figure out how your ISO 800 had you at 1/180 and me at 1/25 with the same aperture, oh well. The final product came out and that's all that matters.

Ha! My "budget camera" was left at home, you never saw the $1.99 thrift store camera that does some AMAZING shots despite it being over 50 years old. It feels like such a dino compared to the XT, but as long as the house is built, it doesn't matter what hammer did it.

As promised, I'll try my hardest to get that CD to you tomorrow night sometime, I have to work tomorrow (my shoulder was NOT wanting me to go to work today) so that means I have to be an editing machine tonight.

But see, the problem is, now you have me wanting that lens and a new flash (not to mention a gizmo :D). Maybe I should be glad Christmas is in a few weeks...

Oh nooooooo!!!!rolleyes1.gif

I shot at 1/80....not 1/180.....and at F3.5 and ISO800 inside.......with flash. Same settings more or less but at ISO1600 outside....no flash. I think. Ill have to double check.

Get some rest.

BTW...Im done with my RAWs.....whew!!!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Oh nooooooo!!!!rolleyes1.gif

I shot at 1/80....not 1/180.....and at F3.5 and ISO800 inside.......with flash. Same settings more or less but at ISO1600 outside....no flash. I think. Ill have to double check.

Get some rest.

BTW...Im done with my RAWs.....whew!!!
    My lantern shot was 1/40, f/2.8, ISO1600, no flash

My inside shots were about 1/30, f/2.8, ISO1600 (maybe a few were 800) with the flash when it wanted to work. All the reason into looking into a new flash for Christmas.
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2009
    My lantern shot was 1/40, f/2.8, ISO1600, no flash

My inside shots were about 1/30, f/2.8, ISO1600 (maybe a few were 800) with the flash when it wanted to work. All the reason into looking into a new flash for Christmas.

headscratch.gif

I dunno....

...and I never use the meter in the viewfinder...but rather push things to the right on the histogram. I had the brides uncle stand in the gazebo before it started to take a metering shot....two actually....to get the white underside of the ceiling to the edge of the histogram. I let the light fixture in there blow out....it was going to anyway....I just wanted the dress to not be blown...to get all it's details. Everything else will fall into place at that point.