Options

Taking the foot out

80weeks80weeks Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited December 5, 2009 in Finishing School
I absolutely love the expression on this lion, but would really like to take my husbands foot out of the photo. I am just getting into post processing (starting with 15095 photos from a round the world trip), so currently have lightroom and a trial version of photoshop elements. I don't know if it's possible to remove his foot... or if it's just too big? Maybe I could make it less obvious though :dunno - any ideas welcome!

464550571_5euEi-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    TW0RTW0R Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    It would be a mission to clone it out with the clone stamp tool, but it is doable. You could just crop it out because it doesnt interfere with the lions face, but youd lose some of the body and put it real close to the edge.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2009
    TW0R wrote:
    It would be a mission to clone it out with the clone stamp tool, but it is doable. You could just crop it out because it doesnt interfere with the lions face, but youd lose some of the body and put it real close to the edge.

I'd rather not crop it out, because I think it would be too tight on the lion. Plus this was taken before I got into photography, so is a jpeg from a point and shoot, not as much ability to crop without losing image quality. This is my attempt using the clone tool as suggested. Really dodgy? Or ok?

732000266_x53Co-XL.jpg
  • Options
    TW0RTW0R Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    You can tell its cloned but you are a LOT better at cloning that you sounded when you first asked the question haha. By the lions back paw, the end of the log, and the big black rock by the left side, are the most noticeable. Still looks real good, Id just go over it once more, and take out those little clay rocks too so it looks less cloned. Great job though thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2009
    TW0R wrote:
    You can tell its cloned but you are a LOT better at cloning that you sounded when you first asked the question haha. By the lions back paw, the end of the log, and the big black rock by the left side, are the most noticeable. Still looks real good, Id just go over it once more, and take out those little clay rocks too so it looks less cloned. Great job though thumb.gif

Thanks! But that was my first attempt at cloning something out, so it could just be beginners luck. mwink.gif
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    You lost the lions tail. Its a bit easier to make a dup layer. s oyou have a back up. then with you lasso tool. select and area of ground that is similar . paste that over the majority of the foot, then just carefully clone out the edges.