some recent shots, cute grandson warning

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited December 5, 2009 in People
made you look, huh? well do I lie or what, is he not just a cutie pie ?

724547830_xrCvM-M.jpg

handsome parents, Mom, a Miss America contestant 2003
731956726_D7WnQ-M.jpg

I did this playing around in lightroom and I LOVE the feel of this!!! Old time desert ranch vintage vibe.

724547795_zCms9-M.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    You weren't kidding! What a beautiful family!

Caroline
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2009
    He IS most certainly a cutie pie! And the family is beautiful! I must say in #2 that their teeth are just sparkling! The candy cane is a great prop for the little mister. Adorable!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    JUST LOVE #2!!! I've been looking for an "oversized" candy cane myself. Is this a REAL candy cane? My son breaks all of the smaller thin ones in about 2 seconds. I love the colors and are they are poster family or what!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    JUST LOVE #2!!! I've been looking for an "oversized" candy cane myself. Is this a REAL candy cane? My son breaks all of the smaller thin ones in about 2 seconds. I love the colors and are they are poster family or what!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Edited to ask...What was your lighting setup? They look to be in full shade, but with such gorgeous lighting!
  • CTUphotoCTUphoto Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    Great shots here. In 3, the whites are a little blown out on my monitor (could be just me ne_nau.gif ), but 2--WOW!! Great looking family, and I'll echo kidzmom, great use of light there. 2 is spot on!
    Justin Benson
    CTU Photography
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    kidzmom wrote:
    Edited to ask...What was your lighting setup? They look to be in full shade, but with such gorgeous lighting!

Candy cane is real, still in the plastic wrapper.
    For the lighting in #2 I have off camera flash with a Lightsphere ( Gary Fong item I believe which I really like and was under $40) hubby holding flash to my left.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited December 5, 2009
    CTUphoto wrote:
    Great shots here. In 3, the whites are a little blown out on my monitor (could be just me ne_nau.gif ), but 2--WOW!! Great looking family, and I'll echo kidzmom, great use of light there. 2 is spot on!

Oh yeah some of the whites are totally blown, but I like the way it looks, even if technically incorrect.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited December 5, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    He IS most certainly a cutie pie! And the family is beautiful! I must say in #2 that their teeth are just sparkling! The candy cane is a great prop for the little mister. Adorable!
    Her teeth were not touched but I did lighten his so they didn't look dingy by comparison.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • barbnjonbarbnjon Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    Candy cane is real, still in the plastic wrapper.
    For the lighting in #2 I have off camera flash with a Lightsphere ( Gary Fong item I believe which I really like and was under $40) hubby holding flash to my left.

So did you use one flash or two? Beautiful photos!
    edited December 5, 2009
    barbnjon wrote:
    So did you use one flash or two? Beautiful photos!

Just one flash, and they are facing the sun, but under a tree branch, around 10 - 11 AM, AZ sun, it's a dry light lol.
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • cr8ingwavescr8ingwaves Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    it's a dry light lol.
    thanks for the chuckle

Love the look of #3.....and like you said, while not technically correct......YOU like it and that is all that really matters. I am sure they liked it too.
    The candy cane adds a sweet touch of holiday to the picture. It doesn't overwhelm you so that displaying the photo year round wouldn't seem odd.