New Riverwalk Section is Open

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited December 5, 2009 in Landscapes
The San Antonio Riverwalk has expanded in two directions this year. I visited the south reach last week for the first time. It is near the art section of town, as well as some light industrial sites. There are several abandoned buildings along this section of the river, and many of those are being left. You can see some of them in the photo below. Additionally, this section of the Riverwalk is intended to be left more natural--there will be no restaurants, shops, etc. Just a nice paved walk along the part of the river where many waterfowl like to reside. My recent visit netted a Great Blue Heron, several Egrets, Mallards, Cormorants, and a Night Heron!

The total Riverwalk development is supposed to finish by 2014 and will extend the Riverwalk from 2 miles to 13 miles! That gives me many years and many miles of photo opportunities!

Enjoy, and please comment.

Thanks,
Lauren

Very little PP on this one--just a few tweaks in ACR and a tiny saturation boost in Photoshop.
732103997_6Adkr-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    How wonderful to have a 13-mile long backdrop and photo resource!

I like the way the river curves away in this shot. Nice to be able to get out and shoot and not FREEZE.

We've just received our first "winter storm warning" so we'll see what the night brings.....ne_nau.gif
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    Looks like your going to have miles and miles of fun -- and abandoned buildings along the way too :D

Hope you were standing on a walkway for this photo or else you got your feet wet :D

Good photo thumb.gif
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    I was standing on this bridge for the shot in my first post above. The bridge was restored as part of the extension project. Here are some of the abandoned buildings along the way. I'm not sure what these were used for--they look like grain silos, but they are all in a row and they have (broken) windows and doors! If anybody knows what these are, please tell me.

1. Bridge - 3 exposure HDR in Photomatix
    732327055_5J3rH-L.jpg

2. Another view of the new extension, looking towards downtown; Pioneer Flour Mill is in background
    732324960_cPvr6-L.jpg

3. "Silos?" - Processed with Topaz Details
    732313510_Rvsvx-L.jpg
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    I like them all Lauren and what a great place full of photo opportunities!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    That's a neat looking bridge. The buildings look like grain silos/bins, but I've never seen one with windows before headscratch.gif They almost look like little houses...you don't use those for house's down south do ya rolleyes1.gif

Good photos Lauren thumb.gif