lost Iphoto library

eberlingereberlinger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 7, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
While uploading to smugmug from my mac, somehow the iphoto library disappeared. The photos are still there, I just can't find the library. If I plug in my iphone with a picture on it, it opens iphoto and looks normal and I can download to the library. Without the Iphone, iphoto launches, but there is nothing there. Does anyone have an idea on how to get the library back to normal? Thanks in advance

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2009
    eberlinger wrote:
    While uploading to smugmug from my mac, somehow the iphoto library disappeared. The photos are still there, I just can't find the library. If I plug in my iphone with a picture on it, it opens iphoto and looks normal and I can download to the library. Without the Iphone, iphoto launches, but there is nothing there. Does anyone have an idea on how to get the library back to normal? Thanks in advance

Can you be more specific what "can't find the library" means? What are you doing?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • eberlingereberlinger Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 6, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    Can you be more specific what "can't find the library" means? What are you doing?

Yes, I launch the application iphoto, and there is nothing there. If I plug in my iphone with a new photo, everything is there and it wants to download. Without Iphone, there is nothing but the headings for Iphoto, but all of the options are light gray and non functional.

thanks.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Try holding the option key while launching iPhoto, which will prompt you to load the library. Then navigate to your library and select it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    How do you all like your Iphone? I'm looking to get one, but if I want to buy from AT&T I have to wait till next month to get the $50.00 price. trading up from a Palm Centro.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:
    How do you all like your Iphone? I'm looking to get one, but if I want to buy from AT&T I have to wait till next month to get the $50.00 price. trading up from a Palm Centro.

The iPhone is awesome, but I wonder about that $50 price. If you're looking at a discounted 3G versus 3Gs, you should _really_ spend the extra $ for the 3Gs. It is _so_ much faster and for something you'll have 2+ years, saving $100 for the difference is not worth it, unless your time is worth $0.60/hour :-)