Sigma problem

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited December 6, 2009 in Technique
Hey all I am having problems w/ my Sigma 17-70. All of a sudden the auto focus went out. When I turn my camera on it just makes the sound as if its trying to focus (for a really long time) then when i turn off the camera it does the same sound (for a really long time). I have no clue why its doing this.. and it happened from one minute to the next. Any ideas?:dunno
Courtney

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited December 5, 2009
    You might try rebooting your camera after removing its battery, or you might try cleaning the lens electrical contacts, but my suspicion is that the lens will have to go back to Sigma for service.

I had a Tamron lens that failed - worked fine for dozens of images, and then nada - it would no longer focus, but only gave me error 99, no matter what I tried. Sent it in to Tamron service and they fixed it without question. I still have it and it is a good lens.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    You might try rebooting your camera after removing its battery, or you might try cleaning the lens electrical contacts, but my suspicion is that the lens will have to go back to Sigma for service.

I had a Tamron lens that failed - worked fine for dozens of images, and then nada - it would no longer focus, but only gave me error 99, no matter what I tried. Sent it in to Tamron service and they fixed it without question. I still have it and it is a good lens.
    Thanks - I tried rebooting camera- taking both battery and lens off but that didn't work.. it only happens with this lens not the others.
    thanks for your imput
    Court
    Courtney