Pricing Systems and Methods

zooexplorerzooexplorer Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited December 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello just made a feature request on http://uservoice.com/a/2afgW for a Pricing Template system.
I was wondering how others price their work? Do you use a spreadsheet to see what would happen and check to make sure your still profitable before issuing coupons or price changes? Also do you consider the cost of having an account and the % on sale price that smugmug bills when pricing? Do you change prices seasonally or phase out galleries by adjusting price before removing the gallery or just take it down.

Thank for all the feedback.

PS I have made an entire spreadsheet of all the products and prices smugmug had for good from EZ prints so I could do this my self but I thought it would be nice to hear how others are doing it and if smugmug could add a feature to the site to make pricing more effective.

Comments

• jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Can you share the spreadsheet you made? I was looking for something similar. Thanks.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • zooexplorerzooexplorer Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    jchin wrote:
    Can you share the spreadsheet you made? I was looking for something similar. Thanks.
    Would like to but I cannot figure out how to attach it in the forum?eek7.gif
    edited December 6, 2009
    Would like to but I cannot figure out how to attach it in the forum?eek7.gif

Use a free service like drop.io to share the file.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Can you not make a screen shot of it and save it as a jpg and then post as any other photo??

May mean a quik trip to photoshopne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Can you not make a screen shot of it and save it as a jpg and then post as any other photo??

May mean a quik trip to photoshopne_nau.gif

How do you screenshot formulas? A spreadsheet might look nice, but unless you can work with it with your own prices, it means nothing.
  • zooexplorerzooexplorer Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Thanks Jchin, I totally for got I could post a link to is http://www.a4auction.com/pricesheet.xls
    Get the spreadsheet form the link above. Enjoy please share modifications or ideas and vote for the feature if you would be so kind.
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Thanks Jchin, I totally for got I could post a link to is http://www.a4auction.com/pricesheet.xls
    Get the spreadsheet form the link above. Enjoy please share modifications or ideas and vote for the feature if you would be so kind.

Super sweet clap.gif

Would Love a spreadsheet from smugmug with all prints & products from both EZ & Bay. Would make it so much simpler.
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
    edited December 8, 2009
    Cindy wrote:
    Super sweet clap.gif

Would Love a spreadsheet from smugmug with all prints & products from both EZ & Bay. Would make it so much simpler.

+1 ... excellent idea ... hope they would provide it
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    edited December 8, 2009

Sorry, didn't see your link until now. I'll download it and play with it this week. If I make any modifications, etc. I'll post back.
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug