Check out my curves . . . and give give advice, pls

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited July 22, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
A few curves shots for your enjoyment (I hope).

29111040-L.jpg
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2005

29111043-L.jpg
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

edited July 20, 2005
    29111048-L.jpg
    john w

Edward Steichen

edited July 20, 2005

29111050-L.jpg
    john w

Edward Steichen

edited July 20, 2005

29111045-L.jpg

Your thoughts and opinions - positive or negative - welcomed ne_nau.gif
    john w

Edward Steichen

• Jerry CurtisJerry Curtis Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2005
    Very imaginative shots and well done. My only negative comment is really a technical point: While circles are a special kind of curve, when I think of curves, circles don't normally spring to mind.
    -Jerry

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.
    - Henry Ford

www.pbase.com/icicle50
  • melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    The red shot really grabbed me, and I think it fits the challenge well. What am I looking at there?

~mel
    edited July 22, 2005
    mel wrote:
    The red shot really grabbed me, and I think it fits the challenge well. What am I looking at there?

~mel
    Upside down plastic disposable drink cups lit with a flash underneath headscratch.gif
    john w

Edward Steichen

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    The red really stands out more than the others.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    I like #3 the best for the theme of curves. It could use a little something to hold the interest of the viewer. A "hook" so to speak.

#1 would have that extra degree of interest with it's multiple colors, but I would crop out the top stack and just stick to the large curves on the bottom. Just showing the arc of a half circle does a better job of conveying curves.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog