shades of evening

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 6, 2009 in Landscapes
this was the last shot i took on my recent visit to Ruby Beach... i was walking back to the trail to the parking lot, and turned around for one last look. the soft colors, and the muted reflection, all seemed too good to pass up, so i set up the tripod for one last shot... 5D, 24-135 lens at 52mm, 21 seconds at f/13...

Rubycolorssm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    clap.gif
    Pastel sunset, silhouette & reflection - my 3 favourite things.
    So in my book great image.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Would have loved to have been there. Nice shot, although I would have cropped just a bit more from the top of the frame. Great image, nonetheless. thumb.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Would have loved to have been there. Nice shot, although I would have cropped just a bit more from the top of the frame. Great image, nonetheless. thumb.gif

thanks, Darren. i didn't crop this because i wanted to preserve the full range of colors in the sky, and also preserve the 3:2 image ratio for printing at full resolution. that and i don't care much for images with the horizon right in the middle, vertically.
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com