EZ prints metallic on color portrait?

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited December 7, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I went with EZ prints on this particular gallery, and I was surprised when the customer ordered metallic for this color portrait. I don't have much experience with metallic portraits in color. Will this turn out well??

731374463_RejBh-L-1.jpg
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Sure- but I'd love to see the order#.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Sure- but I'd love to see the order#.

I haven't sent it to the lab yet...

Thanks!
    Elaine

• OscarcOscarc Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Elaine wrote:
    I went with EZ prints on this particular gallery, and I was surprised when the customer ordered metallic for this color portrait. I don't have much experience with metallic portraits in color. Will this turn out well??

I've noticed that people have some very sharp differences of opinion about portraits on metallic paper; much more so than with lustre. Recently I printed some b&w and color portraits on metallic. I loved the b&w portrait; my wife hated it. I hated the color portrait, but another person looking at it really loved it.

Personally I would not have printed this particular photo as metallic, but I know some people who would love it that way.

"Beauty is in the eye of the customer."
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Oscarc wrote:
    I've noticed that people have some very sharp differences of opinion about portraits on metallic paper; much more so than with lustre. Recently I printed some b&w and color portraits on metallic. I loved the b&w portrait; my wife hated it. I hated the color portrait, but another person looking at it really loved it.

Personally I would not have printed this particular photo as metallic, but I know some people who would love it that way.

"Beauty is in the eye of the customer."

I tend to agree with you. I've printed black and whites on metallic that turned out stellar. I wouldn't have printed this one on metallic either, and as it turned out, my client didn't intend to either! She thought that since metallic costs more, then it must be a "higher quality" print, so she chose it. Thankfully, the support heroes canceled the order, reordered with lustre and even took care of an upgrade in shipping that I had asked to pay for myself. Once again, SmugMug customer service ROCKS!
    Elaine