Abstract

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited December 7, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
A little different than I normally do.....I was trying for a soft abstract pic.

731182130_TSvep-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2009
    Hi Azzaro--I love abstracts in nature, so I like this one! The colors are nice, although I wish the foreground weren't quite so dark. I don't care for the black border, but I never noticed if that is something you do routinely or if you did it for this one.

You have such lovely possibilities there, with colors in the skies and hills and with unusual plants, etc. I hope you'll try some more abstract work!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Carmelo75Carmelo75 Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    I really like it, especially the soft texture of the clouds... clap.gifmaybe you can try cropping about half of the black trees at the bottom, putting more emphasis on the clouds...

I should try this soft effect (guess is orton here) on some nightfall shots of my own, looks very promisingthumb.gif.

Carmelo
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Hi Azzaro--I love abstracts in nature, so I like this one! The colors are nice, although I wish the foreground weren't quite so dark. I don't care for the black border, but I never noticed if that is something you do routinely or if you did it for this one.

You have such lovely possibilities there, with colors in the skies and hills and with unusual plants, etc. I hope you'll try some more abstract work!

Lauren

Hi Lauren......Thanks for commenting.....I have always used a black border...Maybe I should rethink it......I thought the foreground was a little troublesome ....but went with it....:D azzaro
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Carmelo75 wrote:
    I really like it, especially the soft texture of the clouds... clap.gifmaybe you can try cropping about half of the black trees at the bottom, putting more emphasis on the clouds...

I should try this soft effect (guess is orton here) on some nightfall shots of my own, looks very promisingthumb.gif.

Carmelo

Carmelo.......Thanks for looking and commenting......It wasn't and Orton, but does kinda look like one.......It was a pic. that I kept messing with and used some blur to get the soft look..... The bottom does have to much black......

The pic. was a sunrise not sun set.....Good lighting is usually early in the morning or in the evening..... azzaro
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    I like this one azzaro.

As for the bottom being to dark -- just crop off about 1/2 of it so there isn't that much there. I like how it goes from the really dark to really light at the top.