A Sunday Tease

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in People
This time around we get together for lingerie/glamour/implied shoot. The main plunder is gonna be processed soon, in the mean time - a few setup shots:

#1: Becca (MUA) and Jessica (model) are taking a quick break while I'm adjusting the lights:

733558910_JRH6y-XL.jpg

#2: Jessica is getting ready for her "sexy minx" look:

733558892_WuQ9C-XL.jpg

#3: Gray card - cheap and 100% reliable source of white balance:

733558923_HJiPZ-XL.jpg

The finals will follow soon (most likely in GF, though).

This post was made with the assistance of Star*Explorer
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Nikolai,

I like the setup shots. Gives me a "behind the scenes" look.

Question... I've seen some of your other shots on this same couch. Is this your typical setup for this layout? One light with the softbox grid and then large reflectors for fill? Or is there another light some located off camera?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Nikolai,

I like the setup shots. Gives me a "behind the scenes" look.

Question... I've seen some of your other shots on this same couch. Is this your typical setup for this layout? One light with the softbox grid and then large reflectors for fill? Or is there another light some located off camera?

Alex, first of all, there are TWO lights + reflector.
    You can clearly see the hair one, but it's hard to see main (a hint - take a very close look at the bottom of the 1st image-)

And no, it's not the setup I use over and over. In fact, this was the first time I used this particular one, and even then I changed it a few times during the shoot. I'm always trying to find different lighting solutions, so I experiment often. :-)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    :slurp:food....Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Nik....hmmm..experimenting with lighting? Say it ain't so rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    :slurp:food....Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Nik....hmmm..experimenting with lighting? Say it ain't so rolleyes1.gif
    It's all in GF.. mwink.gif
    And yes, it was a bit of experiment.. but wait till my new lights arrive:-) rolleyes1.gif
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I agree that experimenting is good, how else do you get to find new stuff.thumb.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact