Exporting Photos from Smug WITH Watermark

printergirlprintergirl Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited December 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I don't watermark my photos in any program because I have my SmugMug account do it for me. I have a client I need to send a batch of hi-res photos to, but I want to make sure she gets them with my watermark in the corner. Is there any way for me to export a gallery of photos from SmugMug WITH the SM watermark in place? I hate to set up an action and have to import them all into PS just to watermark a couple of them like this, when the watermark is already in place on SM. Of course, if I do an "owner save" from SM it downloads without the watermark. :(
~ Nora

WebsiteBlogFacebookTwitter

Comments

• jmphotocraftjmphotocraft Registered Users Posts: 2,987 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    I assume your images are right click protected. But if not, just right click and save. If they are "protected", they really aren't. They are still able to be saved (by anybody) by taking them from the browser's cache. I forget where this is for IE (something like Tools, Internet Options, blah blah, View Files) but in Firefox go Tools, Page Info, Media, and all the images on the current page are in there. Or you can just do a screenshot.

This is why for any images you don't want stolen, you need a good watermark. But kids will still screenshot or get them out of cache for use on spacebook or myface, which is why you want your url and/or contact info in the watermark.

And there's no way to get all the watermarked images as a batch.
    -Jack

An "accurate" reproduction of a scene and a good photograph are often two different things.
  • tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    I don't watermark my photos in any program because I have my SmugMug account do it for me. I have a client I need to send a batch of hi-res photos to, but I want to make sure she gets them with my watermark in the corner. Is there any way for me to export a gallery of photos from SmugMug WITH the SM watermark in place? I hate to set up an action and have to import them all into PS just to watermark a couple of them like this, when the watermark is already in place on SM. Of course, if I do an "owner save" from SM it downloads without the watermark. :(

I use Faststone resizer to WM:

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

amazingly simple
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    I use FastStone Image Viewer (kind of the big brother to Resizer):
    http://faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Free and amazingly simple to use.
    You can batch watermark with a graphic and/or text overlay.
    Oh and it re-sizes too.
    And adds borders (several).
    Just an amazing little program.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    Only generated display sizes will be watermarked not originals. The best
    you can do is send them the largest display size like X3Large. Go to
    "share" button > "get a link" and copy that size. Send them the link or you can
    open in the link in your browser and save the photo. There is an app that will
    d/l these, see AlbumFetcher" here.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2009
    If you use Lightroom, you might want to try using LR/2 Mogrify and Imagemagick (link is to a short blog entry about them).
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    If I was in your situation, I would just copy the images you want them to have access to another gallery (or re-upload them if that's quicker), set the largest size for x3 and then remove right-click protection. This way, the client can save whatever they want and you don't have to do any work. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!