I prefer # 2
50% 8 votes
Neither - go back to the drawing board
6% 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Tough choice! I like them both. Picking one is going to take a while...

Sherry
  • Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I really like #2. FOr some reason, the branches in the background of #1 distracted my eye a tiny bit. Maybe because they were so close in color to the giraffes. Either way, nice captures.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I like the contact in #2. I'm not certain I like the completely black background.

Sexy comes to mind for the first. The giraffe in back has a funny expression on her (his?) face).
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Of these two, I like #1 the best. That giraffe in the background looks so "smitten"--I think he's done for. He better start saving for that engagement ring..
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    There appears to be no contact between their heads in #1 like there is in #2, is there?
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I vote for #2
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Personally I liked the original #2. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I liked your original, dark branches and all.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    There appears to be no contact between their heads in #1 like there is in #2, is there?

True, and you prefer?mwink.gif
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Well, if that is the case (heads not touching in #1), then #1 is automatically out for me because all of a sudden "Love" becomes a lot less obvious in it and in fact irrelevant. I have voted for "back to the drawing board". I really like #2 both with and without the original background but I like the owls shot too, so it's really a toss-up for me. I still think that the original #1's background is a bit too busy (even though I like it as an image) mainly because the tree branches are sticking out right behind their heads which is exactly where the whole story of the image lies. You tried to darken the background but I am not sure if I liked it any better. It really all depends on how the Judges see it and who knows they may not have a problem with the background in the original giraffes image. Your call :D
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    I find the black a little to strong too - maybe you can play with backgrounds...

What about a nice blue sky?
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Personally I liked the original #2. Just my opinion.

I agree!
    But of these two I like #1, however if I was given the choice, I'd go with the original.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Dan, you're making it too tough on us here!!

If it was up to me, I'd choose "Hooters" but then again it's after midnight and my maturity level is quickly dropping the sleepier I get! mwink.gif

Out of the two you've posted here, I prefer #2, there's more of a conection felt between the two and the colors pop more.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    this is a tough one. i like them both (nice captures/blend), and i guess it just depends upon if one prefers the more natural look or the more commercial/studio look. #2 certainly packs a little more visual punch, although the isolation for the giraffe on the left might need a little more refining (some of the green background is showing and may be a little distracting). my personal preference is #1 (the natural look), but maybe with the background colors being a little more muted and punching up the giraffes a little. strong work either way.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    dls wrote:
    this is a tough one. i like them both (nice captures/blend), and i guess it just depends upon if one prefers the more natural look or the more commercial/studio look. #2 certainly packs a little more visual punch, although the isolation for the giraffe on the left might need a little more refining (some of the green background is showing and may be a little distracting). my personal preference is #1 (the natural look), but maybe with the background colors being a little more muted and punching up the giraffes a little. strong work either way.

Thanks Dan. I just looked at your Antartica Gallery clap.gifbowdown.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif