print prices spreadsheet ?

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited December 13, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Does anyone (maybe Smugmug can provide one) have a spreadsheet with the base cost of the products and a column for us to fill-in our selling price, with some calculated column of profit and percentage of profit?

This would greatly help me work up prices so that I can take advantage of the new coupon system.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    We don't have one. But you could easily copy what you want from the catalog pages into a spreadsheet and then go from there.

Sorry!
  • zooexplorerzooexplorer Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    We don't have one. But you could easily copy what you want from the catalog pages into a spreadsheet and then go from there.

Sorry!
    Andy that should be something that is available it took me a few hours to make the spreadsheet for EZprints in the other thread that I posted. Don't know if there is a way to merge these two threads together.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    I was thinking of this just recently while I was manually creating just such a spreadsheet for my business, while within the same hour I was downloading, from another retail site I manage, the csv file for all products I sell on that site. On that one I download the product list, adjust the prices, save, upload, and voila, the prices are all changed. I can change my mind in 30 seconds and change it again.

So just thinking that there could be something like that for our Smugmug pricing, but I realize that it is a rather complicated thing to do, what with all of the various differing prices we might want to assign to a single product accross multiple galleries, subcategories and catagories..

So I'm sure that this suggestion is on the list somewhere?!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    in addition to this, it would be nice if "our prices" were hidden from clients...i hate that a client can just browse the SM site and see what my costs are and then compare that to what i charge. :(:
  • dbvetodbveto Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    thaKing wrote:
    in addition to this, it would be nice if "our prices" were hidden from clients...i hate that a client can just browse the SM site and see what my costs are and then compare that to what i charge. :(:
    That is only when you are logged in.
    Dennis
    http://www.realphotoman.com/
    Work in progress
    http://www.realphotoman.net/ Zenfolio 10% off Referral Code: 1KH-5HX-5HU
  • thaKingthaKing Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    are you sure? my wife was telling me about prices the other day...i'll check to see if i was logged in on her machine..

edit: just logged out, and you're correct...must've been logged in on her machine...whew! clap.gif

disregard previous posts...keep up the good work SM! thumb.gif
  • zooexplorerzooexplorer Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    dbveto wrote:
    That is only when you are logged in.

I can see them from any machine regardless of have ever being logged in. That is how I knew the prices here and the markup before I signed-up for an account. I do think it needs to be buried a bit deeper in the site at least if not made so only pro accounts can see it.
  • GJMPhotoGJMPhoto Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    I think Smug did ok on this one
    This is an OLD discussion and Smugmug has made strides in this regard. They have hidden the prices from the linked pages at the bottom of their footer and they have the protection in place for the logged out user.

It's better than it was!

My opinion is that Smug has hit the happy medium of protecting us and being competitive in their marketplace on this one.

Packages anyone?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2009
    GJMPhoto wrote:
    Packages anyone?
    Workin' it!
    We're actually pre-testing 'em right now. Hope to be in full-on testing soon!

wave.gif Gary