saving pictures

nicnellynicnelly Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited December 11, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I'm wondering what the best way would be to save images to a disc so that they come up as 4x6 images when they are opened. I need to do some sharpening of the pictures that I'm afraid will cause them to look grainy if they are any larger. They asked for 4x6 so I'm sure that will be fine but I don't want them to open them up and have them be large and grainy and be disappointed. any suggestions?

Comments

• Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    4x6 inches on a screen is not applicable. Screens are in pixels. Secondly your monitor may be set to a different resolution than your client's, so what you see may very well not be what they see.

I don't understand what role printing images out at 4x6 comes into this if any. Realize that if you give them a low-rez image that may look like 4x6 on the screen, it may most likely print out for them very poorly. You don't want that.

I would prep the CD images in a variety of resolution qualities for them, and also provide them with prints that would provide evidence of the fine output quality. Paper talks.

M