Options

Uploaders - all of them - not functioning

BeltzClanBeltzClan Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I have Chrome and Explorer.

None of the uploaders are currently working. Although I have not downloaded the application version...

Bc-photo.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    BeltzClan wrote:
    I have Chrome and Explorer.

None of the uploaders are currently working. Although I have not downloaded the application version...

Bc-photo.smugmug.com

I should note I was not having problems earlier today.
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2009
    Still not working.....
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    Hi, please write our Support Heroes we'll help you from the help desk thanks.
  • Options
    timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, please write our Support Heroes we'll help you from the help desk thanks.
    I got a "system error (nofiles)" back when trying to upload from the LR plugin. Looks like some kernel settings need to be bumped.
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    I've gotten some images uploaded using the LR plugin, and all seems well now.

no response to my email sent to the "help" address yet....
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    I've gotten some images uploaded using the LR plugin, and all seems well now.

no response to my email sent to the "help" address yet....
    Tim, we answer most mails all year round within 1hr or less. Rarely ever over 2 hours. This is our busiest week of the year. I'm sorry, your message got answered in 2hrs 45 mins :)
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Tim, we answer most mails all year round within 1hr or less. Rarely ever over 2 hours. This is our busiest week of the year. I'm sorry, your message got answered in 2hrs 45 mins :)
    Well Harumph!

On another note, I just got a 'wrong format' error for one of the images I'd uploaded from LR. It seems to've gone through on the second try though.
  • Options
    RobertkRobertk Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Well Harumph!

On another note, I just got a 'wrong format' error for one of the images I'd uploaded from LR. It seems to've gone through on the second try though.

I keep getting the wrong format error no matter how I upload the images.

:-( Its funny that I have this problem now that my trial has ended and I paid my money.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2009
    Robertk wrote:
    I keep getting the wrong format error no matter how I upload the images.

:-( Its funny that I have this problem now that my trial has ended and I paid my money.
    I've been uploading updated images all day using the LR plugin, and I've gotten "wrong format" once.

I'm not sure if it's because I tried to upload an un-changed picture or not though.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    I've been uploading updated images all day using the LR plugin, and I've gotten "wrong format" once.

I'm not sure if it's because I tried to upload an un-changed picture or not though.

Its not every image. Its random images. Its very annoying with the plugin since the whole upload stops.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 13, 2009
    I am not sure what is causing this. I will investigate. Is it only happening when uploading from Lightroom or does files exported from Lightroom and uploaded using the Simple Uploader do it?
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    If you try to replace images it's the same bug as in the other threads... only works for images that have actually changed the graphics part. When only IPTC or EXIF has changed, SM does not accept you replace request and discards your upload.

See the other threads for more info. I created a fix for IMatch users, using the API.

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2009
    I have had the same problems with all uploaders. The problem is on new images and not just replaced. Even had it occur for a video.
  • Options
    DeVermDeVerm Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2009
    Robertk wrote:
    I have had the same problems with all uploaders. The problem is on new images and not just replaced. Even had it occur for a video.

Then it's not related to that bug. May be there's multiple issues but I never had a problem with a new image.

cheers,
    Nick.
    ciao!
    Nick.

my equipment: Canon 5D2, 7D, full list here
    my Smugmug site: here
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2009
    DeVerm wrote:
    Then it's not related to that bug. May be there's multiple issues but I never had a problem with a new image.
    I'm having problems where updating existing pics with revised versions is resulting in adding the new pic to the gallery instead of replacing the previously existing image.