Options

DSS 39 - Paper Vs. Plastic

CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
edited December 11, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
This idea was derived from my previous idea (here). I had the idea as I was falling asleep last night and spent tonight creating and assembling the "octagon" so these shots are relatively bad (high ISO, bad background, bad DOF, bad photographer, etc...) but I'm curious what folks think about the concept.

1|
736127151_rXnt9-XL.jpg

2|
736127400_b6EmB-XL.jpg

3|
736126880_2JQPf-XL.jpg

I've got time this weekend to reshoot and if it's a worthwile endeavor will probably try to add a cage around the octagon and an audience for the background, but if my first idea is more popular will probably focus my time on that and save this idea for a rainy day.

Thanks for your help! :thumb
Chris
SmugMug QA
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    i like your original concept more. #1 in your prior post is the most striking/strongest of the batch. cool idea.
  • Options
    NihilationNihilation Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I like #2 rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    The idea on this thread is very funny--#2 in particular --sort of a T.K.O. plastic over paper major event. Let me know if it will be televised:)

Both are very good conceptsclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif . I think I like the shot in your original post better #1.

But I think this idea has more potential with the added humor. Can't wait to see what you end up with.. Looking forward to it--I will stay tuned---no pressuremwink.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    I think number 2 with the added cage would be a very strong image. And a wider depth of field so the paper vs plastic is in focus would make it more hilarious. the audience would add even more to it. And for that matter, officials and a table with a bell... I say go all out if you have time.
    Jer
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Nice idea. Make sure the paper character and the ring/paper they are standing on have more color separation. Currently they are both white which makes the paper character a bit difficult to see right away, especially in #1.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    edited December 9, 2009
    Thanks for the responses, everyone! Like I said, I've got time to reshoot this weekend but the more I think about it, the more I think this idea along with the added "construction" might take more time than I have available to do right. It may turn into a rainy day project and a whole series documenting the fight, but if I have the time, I'm definitely going to go for it! thumb.gif

Allen, I noticed the problem with the seperatation between the mat and the paper guy also. Luckily I saved the Illustrator file, so I can just go back, make the mat a darker gray and reprint.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Great humor! I love the concept, but still like the originals better.

You could sway me to this series if you shoot with a new mat or change the color of the paper guy to a contrasting color.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2009
    Great humor! I love the concept, but still like the originals better.

You could sway me to this series if you shoot with a new mat or change the color of the paper guy to a contrasting color.

Chris

Thanks for your thoughts, Chris. thumb.gif

I'm going to print a new, darker mat tomorrow at work and hope to have the time to finish this set.
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    HA! I love this. It's just hilarious. I vote #1... or in a reshoot, working along the same lines in terms of composition as #1
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!