Options

A few shots with the Tamron 11-18

mojonesmojones Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited July 22, 2005 in Cameras
I've just bought the new Tamron 11-18 ultra-wide-angle DSLR lens, and thought I'd share some shots. I wasn't able to find many galleries on the web when I was researching it, so hopefully this may be helpful to some. I got the lens last night and wandered round the block shooting some test shots.

If anyone has any questions about this lens then ask and I'll do my best to answer, but bear in mind I'm not at all knowledgeable about wide-angle lenses - this is the first one I've tried. Gallery up here if you want to see originals:

http://mojones.smugmug.com/gallery/675607/

All of the following are .jpegs straight out of the camera (some curves adjusted). I forgot to switch to raw mode.

29223201-M.jpg

29223215-M.jpg

29223227-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    The biker and street scene really caught my attention. Great stuff!
    I enjoy the 18-50mm wide angle that I have, love what you can do with it.
    I got it since 3 weeks and am amazed at how much you get in a picture with that kind of lens.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2005
    OK, just realised that the biker shot has some bizzare-looking hightlights because I left "show blown highlights" warning on - that's why that shot looks wierd.
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2005
    OK here's the biker converted properly..
    29230020-M.jpg
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 22, 2005
    Welcome to Dgrin Mojones wave.gif and nice shots thumb.gifthumb.gif

This lens looks like a keeper to me :D

No big deal, but you may want to familarize yourself with some free software, like Pano Tools (and I'm sure many of the wide shooters here have other s/w suggestions), to correct the distortion ultra-wide lenses give you. The 2nd and third shots look decent (distortion-wise) but those trees look to be falling in on the building, pretty badly, in the first shot. Just a suggestion :D

Welcome again, and I hope to see more pic posts from you in the future clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero