Xavier's Homecoming - 25 Nov 2009

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited December 10, 2009 in People
As some here may already know, I'm an Operation: Love Reunited photographer and, as such, I volunteer my time and energies on a more or less regular basis to photograph the emotions that always come out at the homecoming of a returning airman, soldier, or sailor and gift the returning military member with a DVD slideshow of the photos.

I was privileged to be asked to be a part of the celebration of Xavier’s homecoming on 25 Nov 2009 after a long 7 month deployement. I got an e-mail from my client. She let me know they have been quite busy since Xavier's return - they got married about a week after he got back! How cool is that?:clap

Anyway, here are a few of the better shots:

1. Lots of stuff happens before the ship/sub arrives to keep the children occupied. This is Xavier's (now) step-daughter with a magician's white bunny.
728120503_tJESC-M-1.jpg

2. I'm doing my best to help mom keep her occupied
728140814_xdxTm-M-1.jpg

3. Xavier and son, mom in the background not quite in control of her emotions
728131676_NaojU-M-1.jpg

4. The whole family
728130626_JWjDU-M-1.jpg

I made a slideshow of the entire set that can be found in the "Action!" forum --> linkie

DoD required disclaimer: The photographs and other content of this publication do not constitute or
imply any endorsement or recommendation by the Department of Defense.

Comments

• Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

My sincere gratitude to Xavier for his service and to you for taking the time to volunteer your services in such a great manner. This is truly a fabulous effort and you should be commended.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    Nice shots Scott!!!

Of those posted #2 and 3 stand out, for me, as faves.

Taking this on is, of course, honorable on your part....but being truely committed to this service...as you are...REALLY gets down to the nitty-gritty of what kinda guy you are. thumb.gif

You are a champ in my book!!!clap.gif

(How's the PC holding up?)
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Nice shots Scott!!!

Taking this on is, of course, honorable on your part....but being truely committed to this service...as you are...REALLY gets down to the nitty-gritty of what kinda guy you are. thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif It's people of your dedication Scott that truly touches lives....and that my friend is what it is about. Thank you for sharing!thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Nice shots Scott!!!

15524779-Ti.gif It's people of your dedication Scott that truly touches lives....and that my friend is what it is about. Thank you for sharing!thumb.gif
    I'm a champ clap.gif

Actually, I donate my time, services, and materials for lots of reasons, all personal and none of them related to business building. Someday, when I'm feeling a little low and melancholy, I'll spill the beans. But not today .... waking up to reading your kind words has made my day!

Of those I posted here #2 and #3 are my faves as well.