Options

How can you save this shot?

ReeferBenReeferBen Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
edited December 25, 2004 in Finishing School
I like the shot but some things (red arc) bother me. How would you post proccess it?

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    ReeferBen wrote:
    I like the shot but some things (red arc) bother me. How would you post proccess it?
    OK, here is my quick and dirty, using the low res file posted.
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2004
    I really like that, how did you do it? Got rid of the arc and a lot of the other distortion.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    here's my quick and dirty try
    ReeferBen wrote:

hi reefer

(image by reeferben)
    4809165-L.jpg

i first cloned out most of the lens flare. another way to do that is right here

then, i applied an overall toning layer to the entire image (sort of that peachy-orangy color. i used a luminosity toning technique described here

finally, i selected the sky, then the a richer orangy-peachy color, and dropped in a paintbucket full of that color. i used a separate layer here, and gaussian-blurred the hell out of it, and then played with the opacity sliders to get a good result.

4809166-L.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    As always, Andy, your posts are an inspiration to try things. I'd only messed with the luminence mask once before, kinda cool.

Led me to this.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2004
    Well it's been a while but this is the first I have seen of it/ Looks great thanks for the lesson!

Ben
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2004
    Can you do the orange filter again but have it only in the sky? Leave the ground as it, or add some shadows.
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2004
    Sam ???
    Sam wrote:
    OK, here is my quick and dirty, using the low res file posted.
    great job Sam but i thought you would like that little parachuting alien what did you do with him ???
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/