Yosemite Autumn Images

cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited December 14, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are some photos from my trip up to Yosemite the first week of November. Check out more at http://freysphotos.blogspot.com/

FREY0673.jpg

FREY0990.jpg

FREY1414.jpg

FREY1272.jpg

FREY1356.jpg

FREY1330.jpg

FREY1384.jpg

FREY0598.jpg

FREY1750.jpg

FREY0915.jpg

FREY0175.jpg

More to come in the weeks to come...

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 10, 2009
    Fantastic! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    how i wish i can go to yosemite! thanks for sharing theseiloveyou.gif
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
  • cfrey6cfrey6 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2009
    GORIO wrote:
    how i wish i can go to yosemite! thanks for sharing theseiloveyou.gif

Thanks! I am glad you enjoy them. I am looking to go back later this month, for some snow and clouds. I want the moody Yosemite the next time. I also have Joshua Tree on my plans, especially if they get a good snowfall sometime this winter. I am lucky to have so many wonderful national parks within a day's drive of where I live. I am very grateful for that.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 10, 2009
    Beautiful series. thumb.gif You still managed to get some late fall colors. I really need to get back to Yosemite sometime soon.

BTW, numbering your shots would make it easier for folks to comment on individual pictures.

Regards,
    -joel
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Nice set of pics. Yosemite is one of my favorite places to explore with a camera.

I especially like the Moon shot with the fog.

Thanks also for the link to your gallery with more. I didn't see EXIF data for any of the shots though (and you mention in your blog that an ultra wide lens is needed…it would be handy to see the EXIF data to have a bit more insight into the shots).
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    thumb.gif Really like the moon and fog shot!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited December 11, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    thumb.gif Really like the moon and fog shot!

I took that shot (2nd shot of the day) as we were driving in early morning, around 6:30 AM. It was right next to the 9-hole golf course, across from the Wawona Hotel.
  • Howe Creative PhotographyHowe Creative Photography Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Beautiful!thumb.gif
    I want to go so bad now!!
    Bridget:ivar

Nikon D80
    Nikon D300s (on it's way)
    Nikon 24-70 f/2.8
    Tamron 18-200mm
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 70-300mm
    Tamron 90mm macro
    some lights and backgrounds

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2009
    Great series all around. My favorite is the second to last with the foggy/misty mood.
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    somewhere I have always wanted to visit, and your photos are enticing me to go some more!
  • www.paolosmeraldi.comwww.paolosmeraldi.com Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    Very nice images
    Very nice shots!
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2009
    Nice set. Really captured the feel of fall and some intimate scenes. Too often people only photograph the grand vistas of the more famous parks and miss some of the most beatiful spots. Well done thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
    edited December 14, 2009
    Nice set. Really captured the feel of fall and some intimate scenes. Too often people only photograph the grand vistas of the more famous parks and miss some of the most beatiful spots. Well done thumb.gif

I know what you mean. I think if you take pics of the icons, try and take them from a totally different perspective. That's my goal. Sometimes, you cannot avoid the icons and they beg to be photographed, even when in a canopy of trees, like the Half-Dome shot I posted.